Dayton OH Scores

Anyone see this show? I'm still stuck in California. I wanted to hear some impressions if possible.

I thought the Div II corps were all very close. BDB has a great program, but alot of brass issues. Several spots of severe intonation problems. The drumline was very good. I can see how the beat Jersey Surf, but I could have seen it the other way also. Jersey Surf has a much better brass sound. I liked Teal Sound's drumline, although BDB probably won the caption. Not having seen the recaps Jersey Surf probably won Brass and BDB everything else. GE could be close. I'm not really into the scoring thing, so take it all with a grain of salt.

"I'm not really into the scoring thing, so take it all with a grain of salt."

...yes, "slotting" is a terrible disease.... Did everyone's score take a dive this week?

Jeff

The D2s all seem to have come up from their last score, at this show. Jackson, TN scores had the west/midwest scores come down, but the east coast Corps did rise. Happens every year. Rather than "West coast score inflation", I feel that East coast judges start pretty conservative. In the end they all meet up and scores always level out. Still seems to surprise many when it happens.

Yeah, I was looking at the D3 guys. Lots of 5-7 point drops. Unfortunate. How do you tell a kid brand new to drum corps that all of his/her work this week ended up being 6 points worse than last week? No wonder these corps can only field 10 horns....

(just my own opinion...)

Jeff

Yeah, I was looking at the D3 guys. Lots of 5-7 point drops. Unfortunate. How do you tell a kid brand new to drum corps that all of his/her work this week ended up being 6 points worse than last week? No wonder these corps can only field 10 horns....

(just my own opinion...)

Jeff

Keeping the D3 representation in Finals down to just the 3 medalists.