What's good?

Taco John's two blocks away on Regent Street. Good eating.

Mike (or anyone),

Is this related to the Taco Johns by Illinois State University campus? :laugh:

Back in high school, our director, who went there and so knew the place quite well, wouldn't let the horn line get the hot sauce when we were down there for state championships. The drum line had no such restrictions, so of course we partaked (partook?). Yikes .....

Mike (or anyone),

Is this related to the Taco Johns by Illinois State University campus? :laugh:

Back in high school, our director, who went there and so knew the place quite well, wouldn't let the horn line get the hot sauce when we were down there for state championships. The drum line had no such restrictions, so of course we partaked (partook?). Yikes .....

It's the same franchise as the Taco John's that USED to be across from the old Normal Communithy High School by the ISU campus. And you're thinking of the green super-hot sauce, a sauce so hot I have to dilute it with hot sauce to enjoy its spicy goodness without burning my tongue.

It's the same franchise as the Taco John's that USED to be across from the old Normal Communithy High School by the ISU campus. And you're thinking of the green super-hot sauce, a sauce so hot I have to dilute it with hot sauce to enjoy its spicy goodness without burning my tongue.

Yep, that's the one. I'll never forget the look on the workers's faces when our 5 busses pulled up and 200+ kids filed through that tiny little place one evening. Our director FORCED us to eat there since it was favorite place, but as I mentioned, only us silly drummers were allowed to try that super-hot sauce. Didn't know it wasn't there anymore -- I'll have to stop in to the one in Madison and do some damage to myself for old times sake....

In the past, concessions inside the stadium have been limited and, as would be expected, rather steep in price.

I also can't remember being allowed to come and go out of the stadium.

I'm hoping this has changed, and I'm thinking it would have to have changed. Many people like myself have dietary restrictions. I can't eat anything made with flour. That lets out an awful lot of stadium food. The regulations prevent me from bringing any food in. If I can't find any food in the stadium I can eat, they're going to have to let me out to find food somewhere! I think I'd better try to contact someone about this to see what I might be able to do.

I would second those listed below as they are close to the Stadium. I'm meeting an Scout Alumni at Pasquales on Thrurdasy and will proably have dinner at Dardanelles on finals night.

A tip for parking. Print a map of the camp Randall area. For finals, arrive at least two hours early and get parking on the back streets. Take one of the street going south off of Regent St. near the staduim and look for parking. Then, go and have dinner somewhere on Monroe or Regent St. Camp Randall area map

The Dardanelles - 1851 Monroe Street. 608-256-8804

Pasquales – 2534 Monroe St. 608-238-4419

Bluephies - 2701 Monroe St. 608-231-3663

Big Mike's Super Subs - 2145 Regent St.

Michael’s Frozen Custard - 2531 Monroe St. 608-231-3500 - Can't wait for this!!!

In the past, concessions inside the stadium have been limited and, as would be expected, rather steep in price.

I also can't remember being allowed to come and go out of the stadium.

Last finals I remember leaving and getting back in. One of the gate people marked my hand. I also made sure he remembered me and how long he would be working just in case.