Southwind Qfinal penalty

Being that I am on Sdub guard staff, I can say it was NOT for going out of bounds. The guard stays well within bounds.

As we came on the field (no time to set yet) they began anouncing the corps. It was about 45 seconds later that the DM saluted. If anything, I think it was a bogus penalty for delay.

On a positive note, Thanks to all the friends and family of S-Dub for all the support this season! We had a blast and are excited for Southwind 2007!

They seem pretty stern about the timing penalties during Finals week. Didn't SW come on after a long intermission?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (Pioneer) we're penalized for taking to long to start our show. I am assuming that the other corps were penalized for the same thing. During our onfield warmup I could hear the announcer welcoming us to the field. I was in the middle of our on field warmup and didn't hear him ask if the judges were ready or if our DM was ready but apparantly he did. We set up our opening set as we always did and then I didn't hear anything for about half a minute. I remember thinking to myself if he was going to ask if we were ready. Finally I hear the crowd applaud and hearing "Pioneer you may take the field for competition" After our DM's salute.

Now I know that we took a long time to set up so a timing penalty would make sense. Especially since DCI keeps all finals times on a ridgid schedule. They would ask a corps if they were ready if they were just starting to march onto the field. The announcer didn't announce us early, he was just following the schedule. Something to be learned from this by all corps. (I also am a bit peeved by our penalty because I know why it took so long to set up. But that's something that I will just keep to myself.)

Hope I shed some light on the questions, well at least on where the Pioneer penalty came from.

Edited for spelling errors

Edited by basscreaturetwo

Being that I am on Sdub guard staff, I can say it was NOT for going out of bounds. The guard stays well within bounds.

As we came on the field (no time to set yet) they began anouncing the corps. It was about 45 seconds later that the DM saluted. If anything, I think it was a bogus penalty for delay.

So it was a TV penalty? :sshh:

They seem pretty stern about the timing penalties during Finals week. Didn't SW come on after a long intermission?

Yes. However, We were told when to come on the field. DCI personell tell each corps when to enter the field. We did the same thing we've done all season and were not penalized. As we were walking on, "From Lexington, KY........" In hindsight, we probly did take more than the aloted 2 minutes. However, the information wasn't given to us at the time that the clock starts from the tunnel and not the field. Oh, well.

However, the information wasn't given to us at the time that the clock starts from the tunnel and not the field. Oh, well.

The time started from the tunnel?!?!?!? Ok that makes a little bit more sense. We came out of the tunnel and then stopped in the endzone like we always did for a minute. It wasn't until he held up his clipboard that we started to move.