How did the crowd react to the placings?

In the upper end "ZONE", the Crown announcement was not taken well, nor was the SCV. Bluecoats was pretty good and PR was down right madness. As someone said, it kind of made the Cavaliers win a moot point.

RM- in first place, ...... who cares?

ampssuck

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For three corps, there were two "segments" of crowd reaction. When Crown was announced in 8th, there was clapping amongst a LOT of booing, and then about fifteen seconds later, they got a HUGE standing ovation and the crowd went nuts.

That moment is going to stick with me. It was a great moment. I don't believe the crowd booing was intended as a slight to BK, but just disappointment that Crown, who had a terrific show, terrific brass, terrific colorguard (but unfortuneately less than stellar percussion) were seemingly placed too low.

It cannot be emphasized what a huge positive reaction followed. To me, it seemed it was most enthusiastic positive

reaction of the night (except for perhaps PR). It definitely was the best I've ever heard for any 8th place corps.

I was BLOOOOING! "And in 5th place, "The CA..BLOOOOOOO!"

I immediately stopped writing down scores and went nuts!

Bluecoats EARNED this placement as the judges saw fit...AND...

This was the first time in about 13 years that a corps broke through

the top 4 that hasn't already been there! - - - a big "win" for a

rising corps! Congratulations Bluecoats!

p.s. - I don't BOO anybody! I know how hard all those kids work out there,

and I don't care who their corps directors or show designers names might be!

They're ALL great! Congratulations on a great season, one and all!

p.s. - I don't BOO anybody! I know how hard all those kids work out there,

and I don't care who their corps directors or show designers names might be!

They're ALL great! Congratulations on a great season, one and all!

At Bluecoats, we always thought it was pretty funny that it doesn't matter if we get "Blooo"ed or "Booo"ed

because we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

If the entire crowd booed us as loud and as hard as they could, we would all have been all the more hyped! :)

The boos really surprised me when Crown's name came up. Not that I disagree with those booing, just was surprised that it happened. I was happy about the standing ovation Crown got...

From where we were - HH in the upper deck -- I felt the reaction to Crown's placing was mostly a combination of "COOL", "OOO", "AAHH" and "WOW". Not really that many boos.

Even so, when everyone figured out what it sounded like, it turned to a Standing O - Drum Corps Fans are still the GREATEST!

In the upper JJ section where I was, I was with 3 people who didn't know much about drum corps. They were appalled at Crown's placement. They really enjoyed their show, and they couldn't believe they actually had gone DOWN in placement as opposed to up. They were also upset with SCV's placement. The consensus in my section was that the Cadets should have been lower (6th) rather than 5th. I agree only because I didn't like their show for the most part (I LOVED the table jumping for some weird reason). They executed well. Mad props were given to the Coats for their highest placement yet. I'll admit, I was worried. What were semis judges thinking? I was most excited for Phantom achieving 2nd place. I think they definitely deserved it, as did the crowd, but I felt bad for the Blue Devils. What an amazing show. As for the Champions, it's almost like the excitement died because of such a low score. We were all really excited for the Cavies' win, but we were appalled at the low scores across the board. What's up with that?

Congrats to the top 4 corps, and too bad to SCV and Crown who in my opinion got jipped.