Bluecoats at Semifinals

Did anyone else notice that on Fri night Brandt Crocker never told the Bluecoats they could take the field for competition?

So how does that affect their sheets? From what I understand (I could be wrong), the announcement is when scoring officially starts. So if the announcement was never made, how did they get a score?

Did anyone else notice that on Fri night Brandt Crocker never told the Bluecoats they could take the field for competition?

So how does that affect their sheets? From what I understand (I could be wrong), the announcement is when scoring officially starts. So if the announcement was never made, how did they get a score?

I noticed that, too. They had a running start similar to the Cadets, but on Friday for whatever reason Mr. Crocker never get the signal to start. I was looking for the judges and it seemed to me they were a little slow to get out on the field, although that could have just been my imagination since I was focusing on that and I usually don't. On both Thursday and Saturday, the proper cue was given, but I'm glad you started this topic because I'm also curious if anyone has any insight into waht happened and how it could have affected the judging process.

...bump...any ideas?

We can always bring back the ole' starting gun. That'll keep things moving. :)

OT - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why Regiment's score changed at Quarters

I am guessing, and this is just a guess, that Brabdt had a few too many things going on. Not only is he taking cues from the DCI timing director and possibly the corps director ( to get the timing thing down), but he also has an ear peice and is listening to Tom Blair in the television production truck. Its quite interesting, but the for the live quaterfinals show, Tom Blair is actually the person giving Brandt the "go" to begin his "On the field, from...".

Its a very preplexed and interesting process at Championships. I can imagine that it can get somewhat confusing for the people behind the scenes as well.

Edited by Newseditor44

OT - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why Regiment's score changed at Quarters

An apparent judging 'mistake'.