The New Standard...

I can remember a post a few months ago talking about the corps who is the "standard" of the activity.

It's been stated that with the Blue Devils 11 titles, they have been the standard.

But now with The Cavaliers' repeated top one/two in the last several years,

Have The Cavaliers now become the new "Standard of Excellence" ?????

Your thoughts?

I can remember a post a few months ago talking about the corps who is the "standard" of the activity.

It's been stated that with the Blue Devils 11 titles, they have been the standard.

But now with The Cavaliers' repeated top one/two in the last several years,

Have The Cavaliers now become the new "Standard of Excellence" ?????

Your thoughts?

They are getting up there. :)

Go Blue Devils! 2007 Pasadena,CA

LOUDrimshotTerrance

Yes. I think that Cavies are part of the standard now. They haven't been out of the top two in six years! I think also that students flock to the Cavies because they see some great things going on.

That being said I think that Phantom, BD, SCV are also helping to set the standard. The corps from CA and IL have always provided the best of the best and original shows. I know I've always enjoyed all their shows in the last few years!

Edited by Diisch

Yes. I think that Cavies are part of the standard now. They haven't been out of the top two in six years! I think also that students flock to the Cavies because they see some great things going on.

That being said I think that Phantom, BD, SCV are also helping to set the standard. The corps from CA and IL have always provided the best of the best and original shows. I know I've always enjoyed all their shows in the last few years!

Technically, they've been in the top two for 7 years straight now. The last time they weren't top two, they were 3rd in 99...

i would say that BD arent so much a standard when it comes to high school marching band. i know youre thinking "what did he say?! no blue devils!!!!!!!!" but when it comes to high school, there is nothing the cavaliers do that doesnt have to be studied. yes, the blue devils do amazing things, but a lot of it has to be thought of as "man, thats a hard horn part" or "woah, look at all those guys on the end having to jazz run". when you watch the cavies, you know what youre supposed to think is cool. you can see the entire hornline jazz running or spinning around. i guess what im saying is its dummy proof