What corps are visual first?

I think the premise behind your original question is flawed. Either that, or you misunderstand what DCP'ers are saying when the phrase, "Visual comes first and not music" is uttered.

It's a genuine complaint! Visual has gone ape**** and the music has suffered for a long time. I'm not suggesting that the corps need to 1) slow down 2) do a concert piece 3) wah wah etc etc blah blah blah

It's just a fact. The more physical demand you place upon performers to move (excessively in most cases) the less opportunity to play EXTREMELY well. Case in point..... why do victory concerts sound so much better than what is being performed on the field? It's not because they are up close and personal. It's not because you had bad seats. It's because everyone is running their tukossez off and either A) Can't breathe which causes holes in the sound or B) can't control the horn on their chops because they are backward jazzrunning.

So, there you have it. Music suffers because of visual. It's a complaint .. but that's the way it is. No slams on new school! I just love the arguments that come out of this conversation. About how all these "MUSIC MAJORS" play so much better than the lines in the late 70's and 80's. Hard to argue that point when they are too busy focussing on rondejames and tondu's rather that playing that horn in which they are soooooooo much more talented than I was :rolleyes:

They are playing better than the lines of the 70's and 80's.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic