Is this a little too much over the top?

I don’t understand why everyone is so bitter, when it comes to Arizona Academy. They deserved to win, and all the judges at every show they competed at, agreed. They had a great year and won the championship. Why wouldn’t people in the area want to celebrate? Good Job Academy, and I hope the celebration raises your orginization a lot of money.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Guelph Opti Knights won Canadian National Junior "B" championships in 1971 there was a victory parade and presentation in the main square downtown. I think it's great. Nice for a corps to get more from their hometown than noise complaints!

Edited by kusankusho

Yeah, what the hey ? They earned it, let 'em enjoy it however THEY want to.

The only part about it that bothers me is they're doin' it THE DAY BEFORE I ARRIVE IN PHOENIX FOR NINE DAYS :(

Yeah, what the hey ? They earned it, let 'em enjoy it however THEY want to.

The only part about it that bothers me is they're doin' it THE DAY BEFORE I ARRIVE IN PHOENIX FOR NINE DAYS :(

I have the privilege of living in Tempe now and am lucky enough to be home that week.

Looks like I have a venue for watching the ESPN2 event.

Tom Brace

I have the privilege of living in Tempe now and am lucky enough to be home that week.

Looks like I have a venue for watching the ESPN2 event.

Tom Brace

Enjoy it, man - Give 'em some huzzahs from a New England fan, will ya :worthy:

(And "privilege" is the right word, if ya ask me - Good for you ! )

I don’t understand why everyone is so bitter, when it comes to Arizona Academy. They deserved to win, and all the judges at every show they competed at, agreed. They had a great year and won the championship. Why wouldn’t people in the area want to celebrate? Good Job Academy, and I hope the celebration raises your orginization a lot of money.

According to the author of this thread...it was just an innocent question....blah blah blah.

I hope EVERY corps has plans to celebrate at the end of each season and has an opportunity to do so.

Tom Brace

I Like this part:

Minimum donation of $10.00 is respectfully requested.

:worthy:

How did I miss that?

Now *that* is a bit over the top IMHO...

I don't think anyone was arguing Academy's title. I think it's a brilliant idea. When I read that, I thought to myself, "hey that's a cool banquet". Gives the corps the chance to be together again which is always a wonderful occasion. 10 dollars for it, I would expect some food and stuff, hah, but yeah, good idea.

I Like this part:

Minimum donation of $10.00 is respectfully requested.

:worthy:

for "No host bar and hors d’oeuvres" plus rental of the venue, television equipment, etc, that is pretty reasonable....