AUDITIONS!

I know there was another topic like this over the summer, but now that the members are back I feel like its a good time to bring this up. I'm auditioning for Regiment this summer (as of lunchtime today b**bs )- what do I need to know before the audition? Whats it like? What physical and musical shape should I be in to audition? Tips for practicing correctly?

And this doesn't have to be PR-specific btw- I simply noted that because I personally, would really love some advice from recent PR members. You can resort to PM, Regiment vets, if you want; that way this particular thread can focus more on all corps auditions (I know I'm not the only auditionee out there :) )

Thanks all!

I know there was another topic like this over the summer, but now that the members are back I feel like its a good time to bring this up. I'm auditioning for Regiment this summer (as of lunchtime today b**bs )- what do I need to know before the audition? Whats it like? What physical and musical shape should I be in to audition? Tips for practicing correctly?

And this doesn't have to be PR-specific btw- I simply noted that because I personally, would really love some advice from recent PR members. You can resort to PM, Regiment vets, if you want; that way this particular thread can focus more on all corps auditions (I know I'm not the only auditionee out there :) )

Thanks all!

It really is dependent on the corps, they're not all the same. Some corps will put you through hours and hours of basics blocks, some will have 30 minutes of visual and spend 95% of the camp on music. It really depends on where you're going and their rehearsal style.

I'm auditioning for Regiment this summer (as of lunchtime today b**bs )- what do I need to know before the audition? Whats it like? What physical and musical shape should I be in to audition? Tips for practicing correctly?

Regiment has a DVD, called "Chasing the Dream," about the winter months of camps and practice that is very informative--it follows the corps through the auditions all the way to dress rehearsal. It does a good job of showing what audition camp is like, if you're interested. It's very detailed. The '06 conductor is actually one of the people they follow through the process (he was in the hornline previously...the DVD is the 2005 season but it's still relevant, given that the staff is largely the same).

http://tinyurl.com/pfwy2

Just a point of information...

If you're a horn line member, practice holding up your horn (I'd imagine especially at a corps like PR)! I know I was a wreck at my first camp and thought I was going to get cut right there.

Regiment has a DVD, called "Chasing the Dream," about the winter months of camps and practice that is very informative--it follows the corps through the auditions all the way to dress rehearsal. It does a good job of showing what audition camp is like, if you're interested. It's very detailed. The '06 conductor is actually one of the people they follow through the process (he was in the hornline previously...the DVD is the 2005 season but it's still relevant, given that the staff is largely the same).

http://tinyurl.com/pfwy2

Just a point of information...

Thanks- I know they offered that last year for a discount with the audition materials, but since it wasn't on there this year I didn't think of it. I just ordered it!!