Cadets ballad

I was wondering what the exact name of the ballad from Cadets this year. AFter looking at the program on corpsreps.com, it looks like it is called "I am your shadow"?

Is this the name of this song, and who is the original composer/artist to perform it. Has anyone heard an original recording of this song?

I am against singing on the field, but I have to say this song and soloist were amazing. This song was haunting, and I would really like to hear how close to the original this song was, and if other songs from this composer are similar in style.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

From the notes I was given by the corps for the DCI program book:

The haunting ballad "I Am Your Shadow" comes from music by singer Lisa Gerrard.

Question: Is she the singer for Dead Can Dance?

Thanks for the info. I looked up Dead can Dance, formed by singer Lisa Gerrard, and then found it listed on Amazon.com on their greatest hits. Song is title Sanvean, and I listened to a clip. I think I like the vocal styings of Cadets singer a little better than the original. I might just have to order the original though, and listen to the whole thing.

I never liked the ballad...

But during finals I finally felt the message that they were sending. All the emotion was there. It felt like the polar opposite of last year. Similar but odd and different. Great stuff... but the ballad still felt a little simple.

it wasn't very haunting to me.

I liked it though.

wish I could have heard the hornline a little better, though.

~>conner

I was wondering what the exact name of the ballad from Cadets this year. AFter looking at the program on corpsreps.com, it looks like it is called "I am your shadow"?

Is this the name of this song, and who is the original composer/artist to perform it. Has anyone heard an original recording of this song?

I am against singing on the field, but I have to say this song and soloist were amazing. This song was haunting, and I would really like to hear how close to the original this song was, and if other songs from this composer are similar in style.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

It is called "Sanvean" (I am your shadow). You can find it on one of Lisa Gerard's albums.

Edited by 90'sMelloguy

Yeah I downloaded it also

It is a great song. I love the arrangment the cadets did. I went to a practice in addition to the 2 shows I went to this summer, and I got to hear them rehearse it over and over...

I LOVE those small Highschool practice stadiums, I mean the sound is just amazing, better than any show.

Haunting, Cirque de Soleil-ish. Not to start another topic here, but was my favorite ballad of 2006.

Just not enough of that type of timbre for it to translate well into drum corps... plain and simple.