Drum Corps Dream

This the first drum corps dream where I didn't march the show while learning the music or the dots.

2003 PR was playing the Canon. In the dream, the guard were dressed as pierrot clowns and only bounced around and acted like they were talking to each other. I never saw the brass or percussion, but the music was just a little inaccurate. Instead of them playing what the real music, they were playing Vitamin C's "Graduation (friends forever)".

1988.jpgCAO9QBSX.jpgclown.jpg

Has anyone else had a drum corps dream where the music was changed?

A little gift for those afraid of clowns:

evilclown.jpg

My drum corps dream

I marched onto the field. I thought for a second. Inside my head, "I don't know where the heck I am going or what the heck I am supposed to play" pure panic. (commence 11 minutes of inner hysteria and physical pain) Then I woke up... in a gym..... :wink::wink::wink:

In my dream, I'm back in 89 Regiment. We are at the first show and no one knows the drill or music.

Mr. (Dave) St. Angel, who was corps director at the time, passes out the music and drill. He tells us we will go out there and perform. If we screw up, this will happen to us. And then he pulls out of his pocket, the biggest freaking shotgun I have ever seen and blows away Mark Hourigan and Bill Hyde, our conductors.

Well, the terrified corps goes out and attempts New World. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM. I'm the only person left. I see Mr. St. Angel on the side waiting. I get all the way to the end of the show. Then Mr. St. Angel walks up to me and says, "Opus, you're half a step off your final spot." He raises the shotgun and...

That's when I wake up.

Note - I have had this same dream at least a dozen times.

My recurring drumcorps dream used to be that I was in the drumline and didn't know any music or warmups or drill. Oh yea, I had aged out and the staff asked me to march aka "no one will ever find out". My goal was to just stay in between the drummers on either side of me and fake it. The last time I had this dream I was around 26, and couldn't never figure out why no one accused me of looking way to old and fat to be in a corps uniform with these kids.

I once dreamed that I was marching a show with Rhythm Stars. We have a part in it where we take off a part of our uniform (sort of bodywarmer shape on top and a skirt thingy below). We march true a tunnel and in the tunnel we take it off, so when we come out you see our regular uniform with cape. In my dream I realized when I was finished with the show, that I forgot to take of those things in the tunnel.

The scarriest part of it is that I dreamed this not long before the World Music Contest. And guess what happend at the WMC... I couldn't get my skirt off! It was stuck at my carrier or something... :wink: