Drum Corps Research Paper

I have to write a paper for Music Theory and i decided to do it on the history of drum corps. anyone have any ideas for where i could start and what i should really focus my main work on? he said that if i can, i should focus on one individual that really helped the organization.

By "organization," do you mean DCI?

Someone else mentioned they had difficulty comprehending how writing about a person in drum corps and music theory went together, and I'd have to agree without knowing more about the purpose and approach of the paper.

Is there a chance for you to interview someone in person?

There are only a handful of such memoirs on the Internet, the most obvious one being Bill Cook's thoughts on the history of Star of Indiana. As for the founders of DCI, Dave Kampschroer (Blue Stars), Don Warren (The Cavaliers), Hugh McMahon (The Cadets) and George Bonfiglio (27th Lancers) are still alive. If I'm forgetting someone, a reader will add them to this list.

Can you further define "helped the organization"? Are you looking for a mover and shaker or just someone who is contributing or has contributed to the activity?

Narrowing the focus will help you decide whom to go with.

Edited by Michael Boo