Capital Brass!

WOW!

a little write up in the local paper and WOW!

Getting calls from local players who know our Brass-O-Mania! group (we have a waiting list for B-O-M; of players who want to sub) and are interested in trying out for Capital Brass!

A mix of drum corps vets and players with marching, concert and swing band experience.

problem one: We've already committed nearly our whole inventory of instruments, BEFORE THE FIRST REHEARSAL!

If you own your own Tuba or trumpet; Great - bring it! (or Bb bari or F mello, for that matter)

We do have a horn available for an exceptional mellophone player (yeah, the mellos do A LOT in our book).

We are furiously searching for a few extra horns to accomodate the next qualified players who step up. Just drop us a line to talk it over with us.

problem two: This was going to be a MINI-corps. - I mean, like, 12 horns and a drummer. I can handle that size group in my "big band' rehearsal room, in my basement.

Looks like it's going to quickly grow to much more - I'm expecting 3 tubas alone, at the first rehearsal. Looks like we have to find a new home. Some EXTREMELY lucky sponsor is going to have a new in-house music group.

One way or another, we'll try to accomodate EVERYONE who's qualified. But contact me so I can arrange for an instrument for you; and before we have to close the door on some sections!

Send a note directly to me here: contact us

Edited by brassomaniac

WOW!

Lots of local players who know our Brass-O-Mania! group (we have a waiting list for B-O-M; of players who want to sub) and are interested in trying out for Capital Brass!

A mix of drum corps vets and players with marching, concert and swing band experience.

problem one: We've already committed nearly our whole inventory of instruments, BEFORE THE FIRST REHEARSAL!

If you own your own Tuba or trumpet; Great - bring it!

We also have one spot available for an exceptional mellophone player (yeah, the mellos do A LOT in our book).

We are furiously searching for a few extra horns to accomodate the next qualified players who step up. Just drop us a line to talk to over with us.

problem two: This was going to be a MINI-corps. - I mean, like, 12 horns and a drummer. I can handle that size group in my "big band' rehearsal room, in my basement.

Looks like it's going to quickly grow to much more - I'm expecting 3 tubas alone, at the first rehearsal. Looks like we have to find a new home. Some EXTREMELY lucky sponsor is going to have a new in-house music group.

One way or another, we're going to accomodate EVERYONE who's qualified. But contact me so I can arrange fopr an instrument for you; before we have to close the door on some sections!

I'm glad to hear my baritone found a happy home up in Albany.... ;)

Thanks Sara!

3 guys wanted it. I almost had to break up a fight! LOL!

I'm sure I will get a chance to hear it in action sometime, looking forward to it.

Good luck!

WOW!

Getting calls from local players who know our Brass-O-Mania! group (we have a waiting list for B-O-M; of players who want to sub) and are interested in trying out for Capital Brass!

If you own your own Tuba or trumpet; Great - bring it! (or Bb bari or F mello, for that matter)

We do have a horn available for an exceptional mellophone player (yeah, the mellos do A LOT in our book).

We are furiously searching for a few extra horns to accomodate the next qualified players who step up. Just drop us a line to talk it over with us.

One way or another, we'll try to accomodate EVERYONE who's qualified. But contact me so I can arrange for an instrument for you; and before we have to close the door on some sections!

Send a note directly to me here: contact us

Way cool!

sounds like you are off to a fast start

No Worries!

We'll soon have pics of us out there performing, and then some can stop talking about who's "FOR REAL" or not.

Although our "official" kick-off is this Wednesday, we've been rehearsing since mid-summer; have already produced a group for a performance last month (in just 3 short rehearsals); have performances scheduled for this fall; have already filled our original "mini-corps" positions; and will be auditioning additional players, to expand that size, at our first rehearsal.

It'll be as "FOR REAL" as it gets - REAL soon!

Edited by brassomaniac

No Worries!

We'll soon have pics of us out there performing, and then some can stop talking about who's "FOR REAL" or not.

Can't wait to see it.

If I decide not to march on the field this year, I may check you guys out.

Hearing good things

you rehearse in your basement???

Edited by bariblaster

No Worries!

Although our "official" kick-off is this Wednesday, we've been rehearsing since mid-summer; have already produced a group for a performance last month (in just 3 short rehearsals); have performances scheduled for this fall; have already filled our original "mini-corps" positions; and will be auditioning additional players, to expand that size, at our first rehearsal.

It'll be as "FOR REAL" as it gets - REAL soon!

Tom,

I'm sorry if you misinterpeted my posting titled "Excelsior - We are for real and we can show it now!" It was never intended to be a reflection upon either you or Capital Brass but rather an indication that I never had any pictures of our corps in a uniform looking like a real drum corps combined with the fact that we finally were able to physically prove to a DCA crowd that we really did exist. My receiving the photos finally - "finally" gave me the opportunity to show that we were "for real."

Furthermore, ever since the day we had the conversation that gave you the impitus to move on with the dream you described as "having had for some time," I had no doubt what-so-ever about your ability to take that dream and make it "real." and today I have no doubt that Capital Brass is real and that you will make it into the same success as you have made Brass-O-Mania. Nor do I have any doubts with anything you stated to me ever since.

If you feel that anything I have stated here is anything but the truth, then the freindship we formed some 31 years ago means nothing. If you do believe me, please don't let the opinions of any other individual, inside or outside of Excelsior influence you or leave you with the impression that they necessiarily reflect my feelings or opinions.

Joe