2007 Bushwackers Open House

DMCK

The Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to present:

The 2007 Open House

All are invited to attend, regardless of your instrument, level of interest, or experience in the activity.

When: Saturday, November 25th. Registration begins at 10am

Where: Rutgers University Center for Law and Justice; Newark, NJ. (directions below).

The open house is the perfect opportunity to check out the corps, meet our staff and membership, and participate in a day long rehearsal. Lunch will be provided, as will instruction by a world class staff. For more information, visit our membership site at http://www.bushwackers.org/member/ or email us at membership@bushwackers.org

What should you bring? Well, the corps has some instruments, but if you can bring your own that would be GREAT! We're expecting quite a large turn out (interest has been amazing so far!), so ensure that you have an instrument to play the entire day by bringing your own. Percussion should bring sticks or mallets and a drum if you can. Guard, bring some equipment if you have some.

THIS IS NOT AN AUDITION. So relax, have fun, and just come ready to do some drum corps!

The six time DCA World Champion Bushwackers Drum & Bugle Corps are coming off an incredibly successful 25th anniversary season in which we placed 3rd at the DCA World Championships, capturing the high brass and high color guard honors. We're looking to build on our success in 2007 with a world class staff and an incredible membership base. ALL WE NEED IS YOU!!!

We hope to see you on November 25th at the Open House! Keep checking our website at http://www.bushwackers.org for more exiting announcements!

Directions to the Rutgers-Newark Campus From NJ Turnpike

Additional Directions can be found at http://www.newark.rutgers.edu/maps/index.php

From New Jersey Turnpike (North or South)

Take exit 15W to Route 280 - West. After drawbridge, take Exit 14B (ML King Blvd.).

At bottom of the exit ramp, turn left and continue to stop sign.

At stop sign turn left onto King Blvd (Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd.).

To Center for Law & Justice (Office of the Provost):

Proceed straight on King Blvd. to Warren Street (5 blocks) and make a left.

Proceed on Warren Street to Washington Street (second left). Turn left onto Washington Street.

The Center for Law and Justice is immediately on the left.

Edited by DMCK

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to get 2007 started! And the added benefit is that it will be my birthday....what an awesome present, Bushwackers Open House! :P

I've already heard from many alums promising very yummy food for the Open House. So good food, good instruction, good friends, good drum corps, good times!!!

B)

Yes, Mary. We can assure everyone that the food is nearly as top notch as the instruction.

Come learn what our 2007 program will be, meet the staff, and rock out some drum corps with our returning vets!

I can't wait for 2007 myself. But I am the lucky one. I get to drive 3 min to see rehearsal, help and hang out in good old Ridgefield Park!

Awesome to have the Bushwackers back in the top 3!

2 years consecutive I might add, and with Chris Kilian on the podium! "There Ain't No Stoppin Us Now"

Edited by DrillWacker

Just wanted to add ... from a review ....

" ... Bushwackers didn't even seem to be bothered by Ernesto .... "

we performed like it was in the '80s and sunny at prelims ... and even BETTER at Finals ...

come be a part of the type of quality that the Bushwackers, year after year, succesfully perform and commit to! :)

See all of my Bush family in November .... :lol:

No one has mentioned that we actually have an Ernesto in our trumpet line.

...seriously. Ernesto braved Ernesto. Weird.

Meet Ernesto at the Open House! See you there.