Maynard Ferguson Tribute concert

This should get you primed and ready to shell out the money for the DVD when and if it becomes available.

Enjoy :grouphug:

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review Ed!

What a concert with one fantastic trumpet player after another. Some of my favorites included: Eric Miyashiro, Walter White, Pat Hession, Roger Ingram and especially Wayne Bergeron. Kuddos to drummers Ray Brinker and Stockton Helbing as well.

For those Bergeron fans I understand Wayne will be returning to St Louis with the Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band in May for the UMSL spring jazz festival.

Dave

PS - Dan, it was nice chatting with you before the show.

Dave, it was great talking to you too!!!!

is it too much to ask(from the MF org itself) that boots of this show not be circulated?

Edited by iloveto8va

Dave, it was great talking to you too!!!!

is it too much to ask(from the MF org itself) that boots of this show not be circulated?

I havent heard anything about that,,other than some talk on some other boards.I havent seen anything "OFFICIAL" come out from the MF org.If you have a link to ED Seargent saying that,,then I will be happy to take it down.

Everyone that has seen these clips so far has raved about how bad they want the CD now that they have had a TASTE of whats to come.

I can only see this as a positive for DVD sales.

I did get some updated information last night that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to get this DVD to market.I sure hope so.We will have to wait and see.I know I will be ordering SEVERAL of them at ANY COST.

I havent heard anything about that,,other than some talk on some other boards.I havent seen anything "OFFICIAL" come out from the MF org.If you have a link to ED Seargent saying that,,then I will be happy to take it down.

Everyone that has seen these clips so far has raved about how bad they want the CD now that they have had a TASTE of whats to come.

I can only see this as a positive for DVD sales.

I did get some updated information last night that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to get this DVD to market.I sure hope so.We will have to wait and see.I know I will be ordering SEVERAL of them at ANY COST.

Read your program from the concert. Is that official enough?

It doesn't matter how you or the person who did the recording/photographing view it. It was stated in the program no photos or recording allowed. Obviously the event organizers knew that wouldn't be enough, so one of the first things the emcee said was that the event was being professionally recorded for a commercial release, so if you are making one of your own to please stop. It's a shame nobody respects MF or the MF organization enough to abide by their requests...oh, and the law.

The decision wasn't just made last night that there was going to be a DVD. That was the whole point of all the microphones and cameras. When one of the first things the emcee says is "this is being recorded for a commercial release"....don't you think they might have a clue what's going on?

Read your program from the concert. Is that official enough?

It doesn't matter how you or the person who did the recording/photographing view it. It was stated in the program no photos or recording allowed. Obviously the event organizers knew that wouldn't be enough, so one of the first things the emcee said was that the event was being professionally recorded for a commercial release, so if you are making one of your own to please stop. It's a shame nobody respects MF or the MF organization enough to abide by their requests...oh, and the law.

The decision wasn't just made last night that there was going to be a DVD. That was the whole point of all the microphones and cameras. When one of the first things the emcee says is "this is being recorded for a commercial release"....don't you think they might have a clue what's going on?

Chip...

Relax,,I didnt make the DVD and had no part in it other than giving a link to the URL.

Out of respect for you I took down the URL.I still feel that if people see the URL at you tube they will be MORE motivated to buy the DVD.I know I was but heck I would have bought it just because.

I have about 3 people who didnt see the concert say that after they saw the clip on you tube,,they were motivated to buy the DVD.

I would imagine that many people feel the same way about it.Just read some of the reviews posted over on Trumpet herald by the members there if you don't belive me.

Edited by camel lips

Chip...

Relax,,I didnt make the DVD and had no part in it other than giving a link to the URL.

Out of respect for you I took down the URL.I still feel that if people see the URL at you tube they will be MORE motivated to buy the DVD.I know I was but heck I would have bought it just because.

I have about 3 people who didnt see the concert say that after they saw the clip on you tube,,they were motivated to buy the DVD.

I would imagine that many people feel the same way about it.Just read some of the reviews posted over on Trumpet herald by the members there if you don't belive me.

Don't do it out of respect for me....it has nothing to do with me. If you claim to be a MF fan, then do it out of respect for him. Anyone who was a fan would want to buy the DVD from the MF organization. Anyone who wouldn't is someone who would burn illegal copies or get an illegal copy from a friend.

I have read and posted reviews at maynardferguson.com and have read reviews on trumpetherald.com. Sadly, for your argument, wrong is still wrong. It doesn't matter how many people say they want it or wish it....it's wrong. I appreciate the fact that everyone who wishes they could have been there wasn't there. I know if they had wanted to be there badly enough that they would have, though. Don't tell me you don't think there weren't people who said "I'd like to go, but it would be inconvenient (or expensive), so I'll just wait for someone to post videos." If you think that didn't happen, then you are naive.

I must say I am a bit overwhelmed by the volume of people asking me for the link.

Just go to www.youtube.com and type in Maynard Ferguson.You will find MANY links to Maynard clips over the years.

ENJOY!