Syracuse Brigadiers - 2007 Show Announcement

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!!

Hey Shawn with that pic, you wouldn't happen to be going down to Cadets this summer now would you?

Hey what I can say it.....

Anyways, I can't wait for the season to start up I need something to do with my weekends. (Aside from marching band shows)

• 1 month later...

So im sitting at rehearsal at the High school i direct indoor percussion for.. And out of my Ipod comes Baroque Samba (05 closer for those who dont know!) and my kids were wowed all over again. Most of them had come to watch in Scranton that year. Then they started a whole conversation about "Tony, no offense, we really like your drum corps this past summer, but you shoudl have stayed with the Brigs. You guys were so great in 04 and 05. Who cares if you didnt win?". lol (ah.. kids!)

I certainly didnt leave over a matter of winning or losing, but the experience did remind of how great it was. And as much as we all love winning, i had so much fun in 04 and 05. I miss it very much. I look forward to simply being a fan of drum corps this summer, and ESPECIALLY the syracuse brigadiers! Im listening to us again and almost getting teary eyed over it right now!

Anyone considering marching this summer, you will be doing yourself a favor by checking out the Syracuse team! (the brigs.. not the Orangemen football team! lol).

Amazing people, and designers, and win or lose you will be throwin down!

Love you fellow brigs! past present and future!

Tony Perez

USMC D&B 94-01

Brigs 04

Brigs 05

Bucs 06

teaching and WATCHING 07!

So im sitting at rehearsal at the High school i direct indoor percussion for.. And out of my Ipod comes Baroque Samba (05 closer for those who dont know!) and my kids were wowed all over again. Most of them had come to watch in Scranton that year. Then they started a whole conversation about "Tony, no offense, we really like your drum corps this past summer, but you shoudl have stayed with the Brigs. You guys were so great in 04 and 05. Who cares if you didnt win?". lol (ah.. kids!)

I certainly didnt leave over a matter of winning or losing, but the experience did remind of how great it was. And as much as we all love winning, i had so much fun in 04 and 05. I miss it very much. I look forward to simply being a fan of drum corps this summer, and ESPECIALLY the syracuse brigadiers! Im listening to us again and almost getting teary eyed over it right now!

Anyone considering marching this summer, you will be doing yourself a favor by checking out the Syracuse team! (the brigs.. not the Orangemen football team! lol).

Amazing people, and designers, and win or lose you will be throwin down!

Love you fellow brigs! past present and future!

Tony Perez

USMC D&B 94-01

Brigs 04

Brigs 05

Bucs 06

teaching and WATCHING 07!

Tony:

First of all: JUST COME BACK, THEN!! D'OH! :)

You touched on something I've been hard pressed to find the words for. You said, "Amazing people, and designers, and win or lose you will be throwin down!" It's especially the "throwin' down" thing. I call it "Power Drum Corps" in my inadequate way. Even when the Brigadiers were languishing in 9th place in the early years of the new era, we threw down...and consequently people in the stands stood up. It was what, frankly, kept us going. Thanks for reminding us. This year we plan to throw down in the biggest possible way.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-