US Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps defends it's Title in the

I am pleased to share that the United States Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED THEIR TITLE this past weekend in the 2006 Interservice Academy Drum & Bugle Corps Competition by defeating the United States Air Force Academy Drum & Bugle Corps head to head in competition. Although I could not be there this year, I have seen the video and it was a stellar performance....I am proud of the Corps of Midshipmen for tackling this challenging show and performing it with the ablity I have come to expect.

Just some background....I will let the director fill in the details.....

The Interservice Academy D&B Championships are held annually during the weekend of the Navy vs Air Force football game. The Coast Guard Academy's Corps the "Windjammers" usually only compete every other year when the event is in Annapolis, for obvious travel reasons.

The Drum Corps are composed of thier respective students at the academies, and I know at Navy is it an Extra-Curricular activity existing to support the pride, tradition, and morale of the Brigade of Midshipmen. These future officers rehearse during the afternoons and perform at all Home football games, away games, various other sports events, and recruitment activities across the nation during the entire school year.

Great job...and don't forget to check out the Naval Academy D&B at halftime on National TV when Navy plays Notre Dame at Ravens Stadium in Baltimore on October 28th, and the annual Army-Navy Game in Philadelphia on December 2nd.

Bob

I saw their show this year. They were outstanding!

Will there be another performance? I'd love to check them out again.

go Navy!

Congratulations Navy! We'll get you next year, Go Air Force!!

thats awesome, go Navy!!! Any reviews from the event. I can't wait to see some pics from the show if anyone has any please send them this way so we can see them