Times Union article draws attantion for corps

The Albany Times Union (rensselaer County edition) featured Capital Brass! in a nearly full page spread today, with HUGE pics from our first rehearsal last month.

The other local editions also had articles, though smaller and with a single picture.

Great exposure - I was already getting calls on the article by NOON TODAY!

Read the on-line version: (sorry no pics online) TU Article

Or go to: Capital Brass!

Congrats on the ink, Tom. Any ink is good ink, as free promotion in the newspaper is becoming much harder to come by.

Congrats on the ink, Tom. Any ink is good ink, as free promotion in the newspaper is becoming much harder to come by.

you aren't kidding!

I was floored when they sent a photographer to our first rehearsal. Then a reporter followed up with an interview this week.

Turns out he's a BIG Tower of Power fan and really digs what we're doing.

I hoped for a little article, but they filled most of a page with pictures and a nice little write-up as well.

Of course, stuff always gets lost in translation, but the exposure is great anyway. My phone's been ringing for 2 days with responses.

Get this: on Wednesday, my FedEx delivery man shows up with a new DEG baritone we ordered and HE wants to talk about the article in the paper that morning - a Brass-O-Mania! fan, as it turns out!

Edited by brassomaniac

Tom,

Things sound better for Capital Brass all the time. Keep up the good work.

Can't wait to see and hear y'all sometime!

Thanks Cozy! You may get the chance.

Not official yet, but...

...looks very likely that we'll be planning a trip to perform at DCA Rochester in 2007!

Edited by brassomaniac

Just picked up 2 NEW DEG bari's and a great DEG BBb marching tuba (not a convertable - the real deal).

So...

.... room for 3 more low brass players!

Rehearsal next Wednesday - 6:30-8:30

click on the Capital brass! link in my signiture to contact us or to get more info.

Edited by brassomaniac

...Get this: on Wednesday, my FedEx delivery man shows up with a new DEG baritone we ordered and HE wants to talk about the article in the paper that morning - a Brass-O-Mania! fan, as it turns out!

Amazing where potential members and/or fans lurk. Sorry I won't get to see the corps when I am back up there next week.

Well, since we're only about a half hour from Albany now, maybe we'll get up there this week to sit in on some fun!!! I may even bring along some fellow horn players!!!!!