"The Prince of Egypt" would make a spectacular drum corps sh

I don't know how it happened, but one day the music from 1998 Dreamworks Movie The Prince of Egypt popped into my head (I remember listening to the soundtrack a lot when the movie came out), and I thought, "Hey, this would be an amazing drum corps show."

So rather than actually arranging brass and percussion parts (which I have no clue how to do), I used a sound-editing program and arranged a show using the tracks from the soundtrack. It won't sound perfect, because I had to change the key of some sections, change the tempo for some sections, and splice parts like crazy. (If you're wondering why some parts sound a bit warbly, it's an effect of changing the tempo without changing the pitch.) But give it a listen, and I hope you'll agree that this would make an amazing drum corps show.

The opener ties together "Deliver Us" and "All I Ever Wanted." The second movement, "The Plagues," would be an intense, throw-down percussion feature, but obviously I had no way to add percussion parts. (Forgive me for that). Next comes the ballad, which is "When You Believe," followed by "Through Heaven's Eyes." After that, a lone young Israelite girl begins singing in Hebrew, which gets faster and faster, as the rest of the Israelites join in, finally erupting into a final chorale of "When You Believe."

Click here to listen.

Yeah, it's a minute too long...unfortunately I can't find any parts that I could cut or speed up. Any ideas?

yea iv always thought it would be a sweet show, capital sound did it a while back, but i think now its on the dont even bother to ask copyright list

>_<

How long until it's in the public domain?

I've always wanted to do an arrangement of When You Believe. That would make an extremely awesome drum corps piece, and from what I hear of this stuff (I've never heard anything else off the soundtrack), it would be perfect for the field.

You could speed up "Through Heaven's Eyes" a bit at its fastest part . . . right after the key change.

Also, "Ashira l'adonai . . . " could be sped up just ever so slightly as well.

Edited by Nex

Capital Sound performed this show entitled "Exodus" B) in 2001 using "Deliver Us" as an opener, "Through Heaven's Eyes" followed by "River Lullaby" and used a mix of one other tune and "Chariot Race" for a closer. It was pretty sweet. :)

Christopher M. Wendt

Capital Sound Baritone 1998-2001

Capital Sound Visual Staff 2002-2003, Caption Head 2005

Cut 7:08 to 8:06 :)

Cut 7:08 to 8:06 :)

It is slightly redundant, anyway...but it would make the ballad really short. It would put it at the perfect length, though.

I sped those other sections you talked about up, though.

It is slightly redundant, anyway...but it would make the ballad really short. It would put it at the perfect length, though.

I sped those other sections you talked about up, though.

It does make it short, but since you reprise into it for the finale, it should even out in the end.