1975 27th Lancers chime cage player

Ryan is focused for sure. He wants a uniform. Great picture.

Lol..he's got some "bawls" already uh? How many Lancers could never look George B. in the eye? :doh:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc,

Call me if you come home for Christmas. I work with your neice.

Thanks for the backup on the bocce court , I knew there was one there.

We can discuss the Magic Kingdom......My name is Elmer J Fudd, Millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht

Love ya !!!

I think I found your bocce court.

bocce1.JPG

Lol..he's got some "bawls" already uh? How many Lancers could never look George B. in the eye? :doh:

You got that right. If George was upset, you just kinda looked down, listened, and prayed.

I love drinking villages. Some great bars in Sarasota. Happy hour from 11am till close. 2 for 1. I will draw the line at snorkling with the Manatees in a river called Homossassa, no matter how many drinks Ive had. Theres just something about those manatees that makes me think God has a sense of humor or evolution has a long way to go with that project.

I've done it three times...twice in Crystal River's Kings' Spring and once in the Homossassa River. The time in the Homossassa, the water was very murky. None of us on the tour could see the manatees unless we were right next to them. Now, manatees only eat water plants and don't have teeth as we think of teeth, so they are totally harmless, but I got totally freaked when I kept swimming towards where we last saw one of the manatees surface and blow off whatever it is they blow off. I was floating, waiting for a manatee to surface, when I felt myself levitating out of the water. It only took a split second to realize I was directly above a manatee, but that first split second was pure terror.

I've done it three times...twice in Crystal River's Kings' Spring and once in the Homossassa River. The time in the Homossassa, the water was very murky. None of us on the tour could see the manatees unless we were right next to them. Now, manatees only eat water plants and don't have teeth as we think of teeth, so they are totally harmless, but I got totally freaked when I kept swimming towards where we last saw one of the manatees surface and blow off whatever it is they blow off. I was floating, waiting for a manatee to surface, when I felt myself levitating out of the water. It only took a split second to realize I was directly above a manatee, but that first split second was pure terror.

Cool stuff. Ive never dived. Would like to try someday. ( In clear water ) and not after Ive been in a drinking village.

We have had several encounters with manatees here on Siesta Key Beach. When you feel something that large push against you in the water, "Jaws" pops right into your head. It is scary. Sting rays never bothered me until recently. Here in Florida you take a few steps down on the food chain.

I love Crystal River. I wrote my first marching band show ever for them in 1981. Have snorkeled with the manatees in Kings Bay and the Homossassa River and have also dove the Rainbow River. Loved the barbeque restaurant back before I was a vegetarian. It's really built up since the early 1980s.

Yes Mike, It is built up now compared to the '80's but it is still an out of the way little town with a slow pace where you can swim with 1500 lb. Cocker Spaniels and the water is 72 degrees all year long. I bought my little shack there because I at my happiest wearing the latest fashions from ScubaPro.

Thanks for your articles that help to keep an important piece of our history available to all.

Yes Mike, It is built up now compared to the '80's but it is still an out of the way little town with a slow pace where you can swim with 1500 lb. Cocker Spaniels and the water is 72 degrees all year long. I bought my little shack there because I at my happiest wearing the latest fashions from ScubaPro.

Thanks for your articles that help to keep an important piece of our history available to all.

I'm pretty familiar with town. Where did you build?

And thanks for the compliment.

Now, (and you can see this coming)...do YOU have a story for Fanfare?

I think I found your bocce court.

bocce1.JPG

Don't you recognize me in my Bocce shorts and suspenders :P

Don't you recognize me in my Bocce shorts and suspenders :P

Yes, I do. It looks like you are holding a blue ball. Ned Steele is pointing at your rear and the 2 other guys behind you are looking at something too. Meanwhile I think thats Jim Wedge holding an hors d oeuvres tray trying to give the ball a slight kick. Could be Hymie measuring. What a crew

Eddie

I'm pretty familiar with town. Where did you build?

And thanks for the compliment.

Now, (and you can see this coming)...do YOU have a story for Fanfare?

Just off Fort Island Trail and a stone's throw to King's Bay. Back in June there was about 4 inches of King's Bay in my kitchen...the cost of living in paradise. The first tee is just on the other side of the road.

Eddie, I should look you up next time I'm in Sarasota.

Do I have a story? Let me consult with my attorney on that question.