Star of Indiana 1991

I know of an alum who has a 'coin' in his garage. I am sure I could get some close-ups of it's construction if that could help.

Is it the same alum that has a whole bunch of stuff of Star stuff in his garage/basement/attic/car/living room/bedroom/kitchen?? b**bs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the same alum that has a whole bunch of stuff of Star stuff in his garage/basement/attic/car/living room/bedroom/kitchen?? b**bs

Yeah, but does he have the dugout sign????

(Cause I sure would like to get it out of my apartment!!!)

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

YOU!!!! HAVE THAT!

LOL!!! Holy crap!

YOU!!!! HAVE THAT!

LOL!!! Holy crap!

Hell YEAH!!!

I got it a year ago before it got painted over like the other one!!!!

Off topic, but, Jeff (Madalumni), nice painting!! Do you have a web-site? Are they for sale?

Sorry, Jeff. Just saw the link and followed it. Very nice stuff! Best of luck to you!

You mean $tar didn't $pend thousands of dollars making those out of real gold? I don't believe it....need more proof :P

Here's another myth shattered. In 1990's "Belshazzar's Feast" show, the guard had golden chalices that fans insisted they heard were imported from Germany at a cost of (insert mythical figure here). I went directly to their guard designer at the time and asked him how they were made. He laughed as he told me the tops were one size of styrofoam planter from Kmart and the bottoms were another size. They were attached rim-to-rim and then covered in gold contact paper. Total cost per chalice—seven dollars. And after learning that, I STILL had corps fans insist I was wrong because they were told by so and so that the chalices came from Germany at a cost of (insert mythical figure here).

Yeah, but does he have the dugout sign????

(Cause I sure would like to get it out of my apartment!!!)

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Please refresh my memory. What is the dugout sign?

Mike (Still has a wooden star pin Bill Cook took off his person)

Brown School is right off Indiana 37 just north of Bloomington. You could see the baseball field in front of the school from the road (if memory serves). The "dugout sign" was a LARGE sign with the Star logo and "Star of Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps" on it. Last year, all other remnants of Star's existence were painted over except that sign. And Sara tore it off with her bare hands before it was lost forever.

edit: Brown School = Star's home base...it was a "surplus" elementary school.

Edited by EMStar85