A look into Oracle DCPI-7 show

After countless hours of listening to music, meetings with creative staff Oracle is still without a show but has narrowed down the list.

Oracle President/Founder, CloudHype had this to say about possible show choices:

"The challenge we face is the fact that this is our first season. I told the staff to bring up ANYTHING that they belive could work. We had a concept that we where going to run with but it didn't work out once we put it onto paper. Now we have a list of concepts with a wide range of styles. Music from popular sources such as The Beatles and Michael Bublé to the latin sounds of Michael Camilo, the classical fusion work of Nicholas Lens, the obscure sounds of ethnic folk songs from Bulgaria. A southwestern U.S. flaired show has been brought to the table. Needless to say, we are flooded with ideas but can't choose one".

Here is a small list of ideas we currently have along with staff concerns.

A Night for Lovers... A story driven show featuring works performed by The Beatles, Michael Bublé and Harry Connick Jr.

We love the music to this show but the visual element is lacking with this design. Possible ideas visually was a large amount of dance with the Guard and Corps.

We call this our stuck in hell show - Music would revolve around Lens's The Fire Requim. Visually we like this idea, problem is that the music is great but on the "slower" side. We looked at Robert W. Smith's Inferno but I feel that the song has been played enough.

Voices of the World (or something to that effect) - Looking at the Bularian stuff along with some John Rutter work. This give us a lot of music choices but visually leaves us flat.

Southwestern Theme - Works by Clifton Williams, Morton Gould, H. O. Reed. Muscialy I love it, very exposed stuff. Visually it can work. Problem... every song has been done before.

"The press to come out of the gate strong is wearing the staff and myself down. Collectively we feel that we are on the right track. Of course any insights are always welcome".

-Hype