Thanks to the Corps of Summer 2006

It is almost Thanksgiving ... a time when we join together and extend a hand in friendship to those around our table ... a time for family ... a time for making friends with a stranger ... and a time to appreciate what we have been given.

The kids from the corps will be home and have a break from schoolwork and getting ready for a new drum corps season and after all the turkey, football, video games, family time and all, they will take a few minutes and come online and check these boards for news.

I'd like to sit down to a our own drum corps Thanksgiving table here on DCP and ask you to join me for a moment to send out a "Thank You" to those kids in corps who made our summer so memorable.

Whenever I write a review, I find responses in my box from kids I'll never meet who have poured their heart out in their performances and who scan these boards looking for a little positive recognition and thanks for their efforts.

Please join me a write a few words of thanks to a corps whose performance you enjoyed last summer.

If you are in a corps, please join us and give us a few words of thanks to a competitor.

Please, in the spirit of harmony, gives us all a reason to smile and be thankful for each other.

May each and everyone of you have a wonderful time with your family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to send these words out to a corps whose performances I much enjoyed last summer and yet to whom I have not said thank you for their wonderful show.

Teal Sound,

You are a sharp-looking corps with a great sound and presence on the field.

In the past couple of years you have impressed me with your style and ability. In Summer 2005 in Brockton, you were closing like a freight train on the leaders during finals week. On that last hot Saturday, you threw everything down out there in that burning heat. After Firestorm, I could not wait to see what you would field in 2006.

It was well worth the long wait. I was not able to catch your show until finals week in Madison. Pieces of a Dream was, indeed a dream of a show. The original music by Nick Golding and Jeff Willis was well suited to your style and to the drum corps field. Nice drill design and execution. The first movement was a high impact opener and certainly got the crowd into enjoying your show. The ballad was simply lovely and lyrical. The tension and conflict in the third movement was well played out and you brought it to good resolution in the last movement, "Realization of A Dream."

Your horn line performance is much bigger than your numbers and you did a great job filling that big stadium with sound. Nice blending. The mello line was particularly memorable in those moments where you cleanly played a lot of notes. Nice runs also in the front ensemble. Good listening to each other between the captions. Classy drum major. And what a drumline! I've come to expect a lot from your drumline and I never cease to be impressed. The bongos on the snares were a great touch and very effective. The guard did an admirable job, partucularly with the flagwork with the orange and later the teal blue silks.

Thank you for your show last summer.

I am greatly looking forward to seeing your show earlier next summer, as you will be touring in my area in July. :)

Best wishes for a great summer in 2007 and a bright future!

I want to say thanks to my family at ECJ for a few amazing summers of drum corps....summers where we were on top of the world.

however, my biggest thanks goes to my friends and in certain cases family at Spartans. Without your high standard of excellence that has been set for yourselves, I highly doubt ECJ would have been what we were. You pushed us every step of the way for the time I was with the corps, and I have learned a great deal because of it. For those who think we were rivals, well, they are just mislead souls who should do some searching and realize that we were each other's best friend in competition.

to those of you auditioning in the coming weeks, good luck and stay safe in your travels....this can be a rough time of year for traveling.