Seeking DVDs in London, England

SCVAdagio

Several weeks ago, I managed to get someone very interested in drum corps just by talking about it. He hasn't seen any video, and he's just heard a few audio clips.

He lives in London, England. He'd like to get together with someone who has DCI DVDs so he can learn more about dc. Given what he does for a living, he may be able to bring some publicity to the activity. As far as I can tell, it's still about 1 in 300 people who know what drum corps are; drum corps always teeter on the edge of bankruptcy; we need the publicity.

If anyone has contacts near London who have DVDs and would be interested in “evangelizing,” please contact me. Please email me directly at KwynnB@BellSouth.net Please don't leave personal messages to me on DCP or just respond to this post on the message board. I don't log into DCP often and I don't want to have to watch all the chatter that may ensue.

Let me emphasize that I'm looking for DCI DVDs as opposed to DCA or DCE or DCUK or whatnot.

Thank you!

Kwynn

Anyone have an idea if DVDs made in the US work with DVD players in the UK?

Asking because most household current on the European continent is different from what is used in the US. Because of this VHS tapes I bought there would not work in my home VHS player. Not sure what the UK uses or if this difference (if there is one) affects DVDs.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Yes, the DCI dvd's are multi region, which means that they should work anywhere in the world!

VHS is a bit different though, you have to have a player that is capable of playing NTSC videos to play them! Found this out after i had bought The Blast! Video a few years ago! had to go out and buy a new video player!

Yes, the DCI dvd's are multi region, which means that they should work anywhere in the world!

VHS is a bit different though, you have to have a player that is capable of playing NTSC videos to play them! Found this out after i had bought The Blast! Video a few years ago! had to go out and buy a new video player!

Thanks, think the US/Europe problem has to do with the number of cycles(?) in the current sent to the outlets. Back in the late 90s I was in Iceland for work and had a few Kroners left over before I flew back. My wife liked Whitney Houstons 'The Bodyguard' so I bought it with Icelandic subtitles. Cool idea until all you saw on the TV was static. :music: Ended up going to a video production place and havine a copy made that would play on US VHS players. Getting the copy made cost more than the flippin' tape....... :tic:

Thanks, think the US/Europe problem has to do with the number of cycles(?) in the current sent to the outlets. Back in the late 90s I was in Iceland for work and had a few Kroners left over before I flew back. My wife liked Whitney Houstons 'The Bodyguard' so I bought it with Icelandic subtitles. Cool idea until all you saw on the TV was static. :music: Ended up going to a video production place and havine a copy made that would play on US VHS players. Getting the copy made cost more than the flippin' tape....... :tic:

Yea, something like that. I think NTSC sends out 60 cycles a second, where as PAL sends out 50.