Ways to releve corps-stress

True dat. I remember one good one. We finally had a buy stop in 05 and me and my friend Gretchen got some good snacks. A bag of chedder and sour creme ruffles, and a half-pint of chocolate cappuchino ice creme. (Ben & Jerry's? Hagen Daz?) OH it was awsome. That ice creme was gone in 30 minutes. lol. mmm. :sumo:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To relieve stress, sometimes I just decide to talk to some friends and discuss nerdy things. Any good Lord of the Rings discussion can't help bring a smile to your face.... or atleast mine :)

That reminded me of a not-neccesarily "nerdy" moment, but it was certainly funny when on the way to finals our bus had a dance party to the Backstreet Boys "Bye Bye Bye"

Hahaha, I still laugh at the video

it also helps when there something amusing going on in the background while your practicing. homeless drunk person with his bike trying to do tricks behind horn arc and falling on his butt. people screaming and throwing things out the windows at you. a group of 10 year olds walking by swearing at you..then being told by staff to "run a lap" and chase them away.

as tedious as parades are.. its also nice to get the stress out by knocking things over that get in the way.

it breaks up the boringness of tour thats for sure.

I& E day is a good break from finals week when there soo much stress going on.

Yeah, that old drunk man riding his bike was pretty funny... as were the children yelling at us... Chasing them away and watching one of them trip and fall was pretty hilarious... and then they still came back and kept yelling at us... I was like "Wtf, how many times do we have to chase you away?"

it also helps when there something amusing going on in the background while your practicing. homeless drunk person with his bike trying to do tricks behind horn arc and falling on his butt. people screaming and throwing things out the windows at you. a group of 10 year olds walking by swearing at you..then being told by staff to "run a lap" and chase them away.

as tedious as parades are.. its also nice to get the stress out by knocking things over that get in the way.

it breaks up the boringness of tour thats for sure.

I& E day is a good break from finals week when there soo much stress going on.

Haha, when did the homeless guy happen? .. and where was i?? lol

Remember during horn arc in Indiana those kids tried to conduct w/ Pete? That was amusing after a lot of drill.

Yeah during a parade, me and Trevor (when we could go into the crowd and right up to them etc) went right like inbetween people and they were like WOW.. it was so funny.

Hrm, I dont know who else does this but after a long rehearsal and my feet hurt i sit with my legs crossed (like in "pretzel-style") with the bottom of my foot facing up and then rub it with my elbow... like in circles and stuff. It probably sounds kind of weird but it definetly works for me and makes my feet stop hurting a little bit.

the homeless guy happened at the chelsea mystic mall parking lot in 05'

horn arc in the shade was sweet in 04' > the envy of the corps

or you could aquire signs and banners and place then in your truck.

you could get a hold of a computer or bring your own on tour and post false show information.. and confuse people> thats always amusing

Game boy was certainly a lifesaver my first few years of drum corps. It also helps with really long busrides when you don't want to/can't sleep or it's a daytime ride. Just be sure that the game you're playing is somewhat easy so it doesn't INCREASE your stress level. I find that the old Pokemon games work well for that. Fun, easy, entertaining and time consuming. Plus, if someone brings a link cable, you can battle each other!

That reminded me of a not-neccesarily "nerdy" moment, but it was certainly funny when on the way to finals our bus had a dance party to the Backstreet Boys "Bye Bye Bye"

Hahaha, I still laugh at the video

haha, our horn bus did that also to the shows on tour! and we had our director singing "its goin down, in the club, its goin down..."