Hawthorne Caballeros - Carmen has captured our hearts!

What a weekend! The Hawthorne Caballeros put the wraps on a very successful first camp of 2007 on Sunday night at 5:00 pm.

Brass and percussion worked hard on Saturday and finished the day by putting together the opening hit. Gary Gill and the percussion team had the whole corps pumped as they presented the efforts of their first full day of rehearsal.

Dennis Argul had the opener and the ballad ready for the horn line and we just ate it up. Lots of...lots of...(did I say lots of?) notes, power and beauty. The music is just a pleasure to perform and I am sure the fans and Drum Corps community will once again enjoy the passion and performance of the Hawthorne Caballeros. Adam Freeman and the rest of the brass staff really inspired the horn line to push through all the music so that we could finish the weekend with both pieces under our belt. We had hoped to have a clip of the opener on this post and the website, but we had technical difficulties. We will have one with the next report, along with photos.

The color guard also rehearsed with us on Sunday. It was just great to see all the new and returning members. And the visual staff started off the camp with cool exercises for all the marching members with a focus on body and posture, strength and technique. Bobby Jones is an amazing teacher; We can't wait to see his drill.

Carmen? Well she has captured the heart of the 2007 Caballeros. This is just a wonderful show and a great group of drum corps lovers.

If you are still looking for a place to march there is time to check us out and join the Hawthorne Caballeros. Our next camp weekend for brass and percussion is January 6th and 7th, 2007. Stop by and get a chance to see what the Caballeros are all about. Great Staff, great group of people, great music and show, the trip to Europe and the chance to perform with the Hawthorne Caballeros in their 61st year of competition.

Check out our website www.cabs.org for more details on rehearsal and membership. You can also contact Mike Ryan at cabscontra@aol.com.

Edited by sophillycab

What a weekend! The Hawthorne Caballeros put the wraps on a very successful first camp of 2007 on Sunday night at 5:00 pm.

Brass and percussion worked hard on Saturday and finished the day by putting together the opening hit. Gary Gill and the percussion team had the whole corps pumped as they presented the efforts of their first full day of rehearsal.

Dennis Argul had the opener and the ballad ready for the horn line and we just ate it up. Lots of...lots of...(did I say lots of?) notes, power and beauty. The music is just a pleasure to perform and I am sure the fans and Drum Corps community will once again enjoy the passion and performance of the Hawthorne Caballeros. Adam Freeman and the rest of the brass staff really inspired the horn line to push through all the music so that we could finish the weekend with both pieces under our belt. We had hoped to have a clip of the opener on this post and the website, but we had technical difficulties. We will have one with the next report, along with photos.

The color guard also rehearsed with us on Sunday. It was just great to see all the new and returning members. And the visual staff started off the camp with cool exercises for all the marching members with a focus on body and posture, strength and technique. Bobby Jones is an amazing teacher; We can't wait to see his drill.

Carmen? Well she has captured the heart of the 2007 Caballeros. This is just a wonderful show and a great group of drum corps lovers.

If you are still looking for a place to march there is time to check us out and join the Hawthorne Caballeros. Our next camp weekend for brass and percussion is January 6th and 7th, 2007. Stop by and get a chance to see what the Caballeros are all about. Great Staff, great group of people, great music and show, the trip to Europe and the chance to perform with the Hawthorne Caballeros in their 61st year of competition.

Check out our website www.cabs.org for more details on rehearsal and membership. You can also contact Mike Ryan at cabscontra@aol.com.

Thats right Marianne....If your still looking for a place to march this summer we have a place for you. Next camp is January 6th and 7th check our website for details...www.cabs.org See you all at the next camp Carmen 2007 thats the ticket...

Thats right Marianne....If your still looking for a place to march this summer we have a place for you. Next camp is January 6th and 7th check our website for details...www.cabs.org See you all at the next camp Carmen 2007 thats the ticket...

I want to play This again so bad that January 6th and 7th seem so far away..

Come on January..

I want to play This again so bad that January 6th and 7th seem so far away..

Come on January..

Three weeks is just too long.

needs pictures :)

...and maybe an audio or movie clip..... :)

As I mentioned, we had technical problems with the audio. We will have something for our fans after our next camp. Photos too.

Don't forget the dates of the next Camp. Saturday, January 6th and Sunday, January 7th, 2007. Brass and Percussion. Check out www.cabs.org for more details.

Thanks for the interest, come on down and check us out!

...and maybe an audio or movie clip..... :)

definatly would like to hear an audio of this ... Im entregued to see what Cabs are doing with Carmen .... just as long as you dont do what Glassman tried to do to New World a few years ago I'll be ok.