Carolina Gold 2006 Membership Awards

This past Saturday, December 9, Carolina Gold held their 2006 awards banquet at the McKimmon Center located on the campus of NC State in Raleigh, NC.

Many members, administrators, and staff were in attendance. Everyone enjoyed a delicious catered meal, video of the 06 show, slide show of the 06 season (on and off the field) and catching up with what is happening with Gold folks.

The highlight of the evening, was the presentation of the Membership Awards for 2006:

Brass Rookie of the Year: Jodi Campbell

Brass Vet of the Year: Jeremy Russell

Guard Rookie of the Year: Scott Booth

Guard Vet of the Year: Brenda Gifford

Percussion Rookie of the Year: Diana Klompstra

Percussion Vet of the Year: Allen Kilgore

The Outstanding Member Award was given to: Blaine Britt and Tony McCain

Twenty-five individuals were also recognized for the amount of years they have spent with Carolina Gold.

The Jodi Strickland Memorial Award/Heart of Gold Award is given annually to an individual who has gone beyond what is expected of them and truly has Gold in their Heart. The 2006 Heart of Gold Award was given to Cheryl Carlson

Edited by GuardOdyssey

Congrats to Jeremy! Great guy and very deserving! :)

Nice to recognize some names on that list...

and so nice to see Jodi's memory lives on

It was an honor to stand up in front and accept that award in front of so many outstanding people. Like I said during my speech, I could find 2 reasons for every member of the percussion section why they should receive either MVP Rookie, Most Improved, or MVP Vet. Thank you to the percussion section for the best year of CG I have had yet. Its sad to see the break in the corps, but its for the best. Who knows, after we take a year off, we all come back and add others to our 'F' list. So far, we have three members.

Thank you Carolina Gold and all its past and present members for everything you have given me. A box full of memories to last a lifetime and some life long friendships. Thanks for working hard and moving us into 7th in Percussion this year, especially with the youth we had. I could write a novel, but I won't. All I have is many thank you's to everyone, even the people in the corps that hate me. Ain't no thang. I Love you too.

It was an honor and a pleasure being a 4 year section leader of a truly darkhorse percussion program, an incredible membership, an unforgettable staff, and a great drum corps. Nobody ever expected us to do the things we did (and constantly trash talked us when we did do it), and that is what made it so #### fun(its b/c they were scared). I played next to, and for, some of the funniest and genuinely friggin awesome people ever.

You guys and gals are awesome. Carolina Gold will always be in my heart. Danny Raymond is truly the 'top banana'.

Edited by Fire n' Ice

It was an honor to stand up in front and accept that award in front of so many outstanding people. Like I said during my speech, I could find 2 reasons for every member of the percussion section why they should receive either MVP Rookie, Most Improved, or MVP Vet. Thank you to the percussion section for the best year of CG I have had yet. Its sad to see the break in the corps, but its for the best. Who knows, after we take a year off, we all come back and add others to our 'F' list. So far, we have three members.

Thank you Carolina Gold and all its past and present members for everything you have given me. A box full of memories to last a lifetime and some life long friendships. Thanks for working hard and moving us into 7th in Percussion this year, especially with the youth we had. I could write a novel, but I won't. All I have is many thank you's to everyone, even the people in the corps that hate me. Ain't no thang. I Love you too.

It was an honor and a pleasure being a 4 year section leader of a truly darkhorse percussion program, an incredible membership, an unforgettable staff, and a great drum corps. Nobody ever expected us to do the things we did (and constantly trash talked us when we did do it), and that is what made it so #### fun(its b/c they were scared). I played next to, and for, some of the funniest and genuinely friggin awesome people ever.

You guys and gals are awesome. Carolina Gold will always be in my heart. Danny Raymond is truly the 'top banana'.

Hey Alan,

Congrads on your award and to the other members who were recognized for being outstanding members !!!!! I can tell you that it was a pleasure to be a part of Gold because of the dedication of members like you. The percussion line impressed me from the get go and I was very happy for the recognition DCA gave you guys as the 7th place perc line !!!!

I gained a lot by coming to Gold..........................made some real good friends : Judy Frank and the Sgamatos Banannas, Danny, and Jason....... and classic drum corps freaks like yourself !!!! :P

Gold is going on sabbatical : a break or change from a normal routine (Webster's definition) I do know that there are many opinions about this but I believe it is necessary to get the House of Gold in order. Not an easy decision and it impacted many people who love the corps !!!!

Lastly, I wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday !!! And I agree Danny Raymond is the TOP BANANNA !!!!!

Be well Young Man !!!

Yours in Gold,

Griff

Edited by celtickid