Ten really great rifle lines.

GMichael1230

These are not in any order, they are just some really great rifle lines.......feel free to add yours.

1980 27th Lancers

1983 Madison Scouts

1988 Suncoast Sound

1989 Cadets

1997 Blue Devils

2000 Cavaliers

1984 Spirit of Atlanta

1983 Freelancers

1981 Cavaliers

1979 Troopers

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your list . . . especially 1980 27th Lancers. One of the best I've ever seen. I'd add 1979 Guardsmen. Phantom should be in there, but I can't pinpoint a specific year. Madison had an amazing rifle line from 1978 through 1980. Other years, too . . . but those three stand out in my mind. Cavaliers, as a corps, has had its ups and downs over the nearly three decades I've been watching them, but their rifle line is consistently good year after year. Not everyone will agree with this, but I also really enjoyed Blue Devils' rifle line from 1978 through 1980.

Gotta give props to 82 SkyRyders....I forgot them.

The early eighties rifle lines were incredibly in-sync, full of tricks, and daring....I miss them

Sue, 79 BD Rifle line,skirts & shakos....awesome !! Loved the toss in "My heart belongs....."

79 & 80 Phantom Regiment also very good and somewhat underrated.

1982 Alliance had a good rifle line too..and kick me, but one of the best corps to have one of the most consistent rifle lines ??? Boston Crusaders......What a uniform, what work !! What execution.

~G~

........another really great rifle line that probably most of you guys never saw ???

1982 Cranford Patriots. Taught by Ken Dowzycki...they were seven members strong....most went on to march in DCI and WGI (NY Royal Guardsmen, Cavaliers, Garfield Cadets & DCA 1983 Champion Sunrisers....)

The work and execution was ahead of the times, and always brought the crowd to its feet.

~G~

I liked Cavies 1991.. but I dontknow too much. They had a really nice toss ripple.