New Corps in 2007

CSGreen

New Faces in 2006.. who are you MOST excited to see?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. New *competitive* faces at DCA or DCA shows?

• River City Regiment (rumors of a DCA trip)
    • Fusion Core
    • Imperials
    • Blues, Inc
    • Cincinnati Tradition (going competitive)
    • Austin Stars
    • Masquerade
    • Derby City Knights
    • North Coast Rock
    • Jackson Generals
  2. 2. Returning to Competition

• Kingston Grenadiers
    • Shenandoah Sound
    • Heat Wave
  3. 3. Reportedly in development or coming soon

• Unnamed corps - OR
    • Crosswinds - OK
    • Commanders - OK
    • Star United (field corps) - IN
    • Excelsior
    • Capital Brass (mini-corps)
    • Prairie Sound - KS
    • High Country Brass - CO
    • New Mini-corps not listed

I would not be much of a director if I did not vote for my own group; and our other family member Crosswinds, would I?

And no matter what we look/sound like this; We will have more than one person very excited that there is a New Drum Corps to participate with in Northern Louisiana; and that is good enough for those people (whether we are "watchable" or not)

note: chris sorry it took me so long to get here; Basketball band is FINALLY over...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be much of a director if I did not vote for my own group; and our other family member Crosswinds, would I?

And no matter what we look/sound like this; We will have more than one person very excited that there is a New Drum Corps to participate with in Northern Louisiana; and that is good enough for those people (whether we are "watchable" or not)

note: chris sorry it took me so long to get here; Basketball band is FINALLY over...

Hey Guys,

I recently was at Disney at Fort Wilderness and saw Heatwave play there Opener. It is March 19th and it sounded so good I could not believe it!!! The Horns were smokin good and the drum line was cleaner than a soap factory! I thought they were at finals with the performance they put on for a fundraiser....a fundraiser no less!! Kudos to them. I can't wait to see them at finals this year! :doh:

I just found this topic and I must say, I'm excited. We may not be ready this year, but keep an eye out for what's coming out of the Appalacians next year. The Barons are coming!

P.S. I didn't know Cincinnati Tradition was going to compete this year. I almost joined them back in '00. When I talked to the director back then, he made it pretty clear they didn't want to compete. He said they got tired of watching the Kilties lose and didn't want a part of it. Glad to see he changed his mind.

We will not get out this year either, BUT we have made huge strides just in the last couple of months. You guys aren't kidding about how much work it is to start a corps from the ground up. People come, people go, we have 1 of our founding nutcases that came up with this idea, our Director, you can't plan anything because you don't kow who will be there...it's crazy! We had an awesome weekend though, we were very busy playing, got to sport the new uni's etc..made it all worth while.. That's why you start a corps and not just spectate..it's knowing you did everything you could to put smiles on all those faces.

We will not get out this year either, BUT we have made huge strides just in the last couple of months. You guys aren't kidding about how much work it is to start a corps from the ground up. People come, people go, we have 1 of our founding nutcases that came up with this idea, our Director, you can't plan anything because you don't kow who will be there...it's crazy! We had an awesome weekend though, we were very busy playing, got to sport the new uni's etc..made it all worth while.. That's why you start a corps and not just spectate..it's knowing you did everything you could to put smiles on all those faces.

Welcome to the optimist club, we don't get much credit. Its only our belief in the activity that keeps us going.