Here's an Idea

The problem with your rational is the fact that a SMALLER corps beat you. Divisions are based on SIZE not talent.

Brother Bill,

I'd like to say Impulse didn't "beat" anyone as it is not hand to hand combat. :-)

Impulse simply outscored Revo. Revo outscoured Impulse in both Marching and Brass by no less than 1 and 2 tenths of a point.

The weight of the scores went to Impulse this summer, it was a great competitive season and each of the top 4 had the top spot at different points of the season.

There's my 2 cents.

R

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUH?

Brass performance, revo was 17, impulse 16.8, vis perf revo was 17.1, Impulse 17.

What am I missing?

I think that you missed the point there.

He said that Revo beat Impulse in Horns(brass performance), and Marching(visual performance).

Thanks Thom!

Help me,

I think D3 can go up to 79 members, anything over must go D2. Revo had a great year for 06 only losing in the finals to a top level D2 corps who Revo defeated numerous times over the summer.

eric24

Yes, DIII can go from 30-79, but D II can be from 60-135.

n future, face the loss straight up and make no excuses or rationalizations.

Who are you talking to?

I think that you missed the point there.

He said that Revo beat Impulse in Horns(brass performance), and Marching(visual performance).

pardon me. my point is that visual performance is the on-field judge's view of the marching(visual) caption as it relates to individuals. you also have Visual Effect and Visual Ensemble, all of which (along with Color Guard) are component parts of the total Visual(marching) score.

Bill, I don't think eric24 is with Revo.

eric24...you're implying that Revo cut or didn't recruit those magical 25 members. The harsh truth about Texas is that getting enough horn players to fill a large line is a hard thing to do...if you're not Div I.

Yeah, Revo could have fielded 135 almost every year...if they wanted mostly drums on the field. :D They pick the Div that best suits their goals...period.

what would happen to corps like SCVC or BDB or the Colt Cadets?

When SCVC made semifinals a couple of years ago, they did, in effect, compete with their own "A Corps".

When VK made a NW tour in 1972, there were three classes, A, B and C, except at the show in Edmonton where everyone competed in one class. The group that had been winning the B division on the tour (Knight Raiders) took second in the open show.

Garry in Vegas