Reviving former All-Age corps

CSGreen

Of the last 25 corps we've lost from DCA Finals competition... who would you most want to see reborn?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Not counting corps that have announced they are back for 2007.

• Mon Valley Express (2005)
    • Allegheny Night Storm (2002)
    • Westshoremen (2001)
    • Bayou City Blues (2000)
    • Chieftains (1999)
    • Generations (1999)
    • Les Dynamiques (1998)
    • Grey Knights (1998)
    • Soundwave (1995)
    • Les Metropolitains (1994)
    • Steel City Ambassadors (1992)
    • Chicago Vanguard (1992)
    • The Sound of Long Island (1991)
    • Fitchburg Kingsmen (1990)
    • Guelph Royalaires (1989)
    • Excalibur (1989)
    • Knights of Noble Callahan (1988)
    • Keystoners (1988)
    • Rhode Island Matadors (1987)
    • Les Ambassadeurs (1987)
    • New Image II (1987)
    • Southern Nights (1987)
    • Marching Ambassador Warriors (1987)
    • C.M.C.C.Warriors Senior (1987)
    • Hamilton Knights (1987)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the vote for Noble-Callahan (can't believe anybody still remembers us).

But, just FYI:

Noble-Callahan didn't go out of business. We morphed into Capitol Brass Ensemble in the so-called "Schizm of '88", where we jettisoned one of our administration members and renamed the corps for the '89 season.

At DCA prelims, at the end of '88, we needed a temporary name, and since we were orinigally dubbed the "Knights of Noble-Callahan" , we entered the competition as simply "The Knights" .

Records on some sites have recorded our entry, in error, as the Hamilton Knights (from Maryland, I think). But that was us, 2 weeks fresh off of our schizm, where we also lost a few marching members (tough for a corps with numbers somewhere in the 30's).

Over the winter of 88-89, we minted the new name, "Capitol Brass Ensemble".

We've resurrected the corps as a mini-corps for 2007 (with plans for even more), and have already made our debut with 5 December performances.

So watch for the new Capital Brass!

Edited by brassomaniac

As far as G-Force is concerned, only Randy Kratifol can answer that question about a drumcorps in Jersey....

If he's out there, I'd like to know the story. Seems a shame that his ready-made corps in a trailer (just add members) is collecting dust somewhere in Jersey. Perhaps he could plant himself in Madison or Chicago and form a new DCA-C corps. *grin* But, another new corps anywhere (even in corps-filled Jersey) would be good news.

Oh, I think my wife would want him to move to Duluth. She really loves the city, but neither of us will move there so long as the closest corps to perform with are nearly a 3-hour drive. Heck, we're moving closer to our corps this coming weekend.

Westshore for sure. "Bitter" Party of .1, my table is now available! I would have to come out of retirement for that one. I still get heated thinking about it. ^0^

.1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1

My therapist says one day I'll be able to use blue crayons again. lol.

Thank you to all who have voted for the Matadors. It is great to see that we are remembered.

Thank you also to the person who voted for Generations, the only RI corps of any class (junior, all-age) to win a national championship. Rumor has it that there may be a brass ensemble reviving some Matador music competing in the 2007 DCA I&E. I will once again be playing my legacy valve rotor Contra at I&E, the horn like me is ancient but we still have a lot of fun going up against all the new instruments and great contra/tuba soloists.

Dave Correia

RI Royal Lancers 1962-1969 (jr corps) Straight Bari, Bass Bari, Contra

RI Matadors 1969-1987, 1999 Reunion Corps - Contra

RI Generations 1995-2001- Contra