www.interstatesmen.org

Tom,

Thanks for the humor appreciation! As for my being a hoot... well, it's probably because we were truly nite owls that weekend!

We Turds (guess we can say Turds) needed a drum major to keep the kazoos out of sync with the worst snare the drum corps world would ever know!

Also, did you know that "Once In A Lifetime" was selected because I was into Sammy Davis Jr. at the time and liked his performance of it that I had on a round thing-a-ma-bob I could play on my Victrola Phonograph?

Jim,

Thanks in advance for the pin scanning!

PrincessL,

It's nice to know that someone appreciates the work that Tom Norton and I put into bringing all the Interstatesmen music from 1959 thru 1967. I know that Tom will do me proud with the future maintainance of interstatesmen.org.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

Thanks for the humor appreciation! As for my being a hoot... well, it's probably because we were truly nite owls that weekend!

We Turds (guess we can say Turds) needed a drum major to keep the kazoos out of sync with the worst snare the drum corps world would ever know!

Also, did you know that "Once In A Lifetime" was selected because I was into Sammy Davis Jr. at the time and liked his performance of it that I had on a round thing-a-ma-bob I could play on my Victrola Phonograph?

Now, now, Joe..

Let's be honest ...

If someone worked REAL hard at it, they COULD be a worse snare drummer than you.

I will NEVER forget your little drum solo!

And the big, surprise DYN-O-MITE show ending!

LOL!!!!!

And now that I think about it, even for a mellophone player...

you do make one AWFUL snare drummer.

Edited by brassomaniac

Now, now, Joe..

Let's be honest ...

If someone worked REAL hard at it, they COULD be a worse snare drummer than you.

I will NEVER forget your little drum solo!

And the big, surprise DYN-O-MITE show ending!

LOL!!!!!

And now that I think about it, as a mellophone player...

you do make one AWFUL snare drummer.

Great work Joe and Tom. That is the way to keep history alive and well. ^0^

Was it the Interstatesmen who did the Freddy?
Yes it was!

65-1_Imen.jpg

The person on the left is Ned Nealon doing the "Freddy". I'm not sure but I think the person on the right is Al Richards, the first person to ever play a mellophone bugle following it's invention by Dom DelRa. I've also been told that Al was almost the first president of DCA losing by a mere one vote! Others can feel free to correct me if any of this is inacurate!

Edited by Skylander

Yes it was!

65-1_Imen.jpg

The person on the left is Ned Nealon doing the "Freddy". I'm not sure but I think the person on the right is Al Richards, the first person to ever play a mellophone bugle following it's invention by Dom DelRa. I've also been told that Al was almost the first president of DCA losing by a mere one vote! Others can feel free to correct me if any of this is inacurate!

YYYYOOOOW!

This stuff is GRFEAT, Joe!

Congrats, this was the last thing I scanned before either the scanner or something in the PC went kaput. Guessing the PC since it's old, slow and knows it'll will be replaced by next month. Or next week if I get my way. ^0^

imen.jpg

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Congrats, this was the last thing I scanned before either the scanner or something in the PC went kaput. Guessing the PC since it's old, slow and knows it'll will be replaced by next month. Or next week if I get my way. ^0^
Thanks Jim!

Now that I see the pin, I do have a foggy recollection of it. I could even have one that's been packed away for more years that I want to think about.

BTW, This pin is distinctly the product of the 70's group, sometimes called the New Interstatesmen. The 70's corps had no connection with the original corps except for the fact that there were several of us that marched with both groups. The old corps was incorporated in MA while the new corps was incorporated in NY. Just a bit of history or triva for you!

Thanks Joe, I have to keep reminding myself that there were two different groups called the Interstatesmen. And I discovered corps in 1973, well after I-men (I) had left the scene. And thanks for the pin info. I was wondering if it was from the new corps or maybe a leftover from the original I-men. Have a feeling the pin was the only thing the corps had for sale as I probably would have bought other stuff if the corps had it up.

imen.jpg

Wow! I DO remember this. The bumbele bee was our insignia that deginated us as the "new" I-men.

Thanks Jim!

I'm going to get this up on the web-site. (working on it this week)

Can you e-mail me the scan file you made made?

Thanks!

tommacdonald@nycap.rr.com