Capital Brass! Announces 2007 Plans

12/26/06

The new Capital Brass! has some exciting performance plans for the new year. Members will take part in several unique experiences, including:

• The mini-corps has become a member of MCA (Mini Corps Associates). And, they have been invited to appear at the inaugural MCA INVITATIONAL, on April 14th.

• CB! will produce an ensemble to send to the NORTH AMERICAN BRASS AND PERCUSSION I&E CHAMPIONSHIPS, in Bridgeport, CT. The event is sponsored by the Buglers Hall of Fame and will be held on March 17th.

• Members will participate in a PROFESSIONAL RECORDING SESSION, where they will produce a demo recording for promotional use.

• A student film-maker at RIT has plans for a DOCUMENTARY FILM about the birth and development of Capital Brass!, culminating in our "coming out" on the national stage this spring.

• CB! will begin adding ALUMNI members later this spring; to participate, along with full-time members, as part of a CAPITAL REGION ALUMNI CORPS, appearing in a few local parades and events. Alumni members will be committed only to a very limited rehearsal schedule and to whatever events in which they are available to participate.

• The corps is in negotiation for several very high profile local appearances for Spring and Summer; including a series of appearances at the famous SARATOGA RACE TRACK.

• After a 14 year absence, Capital Brass! will return to the DCA CHAMPIONSHIPS, on Labor Day weekend. Depending on the number of interested players, CB! will be appearing in one or more of the I&E championship events.

• Rehearsals begin on Thursday, January 11th.

CB! is now considering new applicants- brass, percussion and guard - who would like to be a part of an EXCITING and DYMANIC music group.

Support personnel, interested in working on any of the projects listed, are also welcome.

We’ve already done the hard part: the mini-corps was launched in December, and got off the ground at a very high performance level, with 5 big local appearances.

Now, YOU can be a part of the growth to BIGGER and BETTER things!

More info at: Capital Brass!

Or write to us at: tommacdonald@brassomania.com

Edited by brassomaniac

12/26/06

The new Capital Brass! has some exciting performance plans for the new year. Members will take part in several unique experiences, including:

• The mini-corps has become a member of MCA (Mini Corps Associates). And, they have been invited to appear at the inaugural MCA INVITATIONAL, on April 14th.

• CB! will produce an ensemble to send to the NORTH AMERICAN BRASS AND PERCUSSION I&E CHAMPIONSHIPS, in Bridgeport, CT. The event is sponsored by the Buglers Hall of Fame and will be held on March 17th.

• Members will participate in a PROFESSIONAL RECORDING SESSION, where they will produce a demo recording for promotional use.

• A student filmmaker at RIT has plans for a DOCUMENTARY FILM about the birth and development of Capital Brass!, culminating in our coming out on the national stage this spring.

• CB! will begin adding ALUMNI members later this spring; to participate, along with full-time members, as part of a CAPITAL REGION ALUMNI CORPS, appearing in a few local parades and events. Alumni members will be committed only to a very limited rehearsal schedule and to whatever events in which they are available to participate.

• The corps is in negotiation for several very high profile local appearances for Spring and Summer; including a series of appearances at the famous SARATOGA RACE TRACK.

• After a 14 year absence, Capital Brass! will return to the DCA CHAMPIONSHIPS, on Labor Day weekend. Depending on the number of interested players, CB! will be appearing in one or more of the I&E championship events.

• Rehearsals begin on Thursday, January 11th.

CB! is now considering new applicants, brass, percussion and guard, who would like to be a part of an EXCITING and DYMANIC music group.

Support personnel, interested in working on any of the projects listed, are also welcome.

We’ve already done the hard part: the mini-corps was launched in December, and got off the ground at a very high performance level, with 5 big local appearances.

Now, YOU can be a part of the growth to BIGGER and BETTER things!

More info at: www.brassomania.com

Or write to us at: tommacdonald@brassomania.com

Count Me In Tom!!! b**bs

Wow, looks like we joined just in time for all the fun. I'm really looking forward to this year with Capital Brass.

GO CB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^OO^

Count Me In Tom!!! b**bs

Looking forward to it, Joe.

I should have added that we have picked up a number of new Bb instruments; just in time for us to expand our numbers!

We've now got room for quite a few additional members.

If you think that you've got what it takes to help us to produce an excellent, entertaining product...

then come on board!

We've already assembled a very talented base to build upon. And, we're ready to add more quality players, whether they come in bunches, or one at a time!

Edited by brassomaniac

well people as a member of CB! i am very excited about the upcoming year.

why not come and jump on board with us? we have really great people and a lot of fun music in our book and if i can play it anyone can.. try it you'll like it!!!

WE'VE MOVED UP OUR 2007 DEBUT TO FEBRUARY 24TH!

We are planning on participating in the T.E.A.M. I & E Championships in Brooklyn.

YOU ONLY HAVE TO LEARN 3:00 MINUTES OF MUSIC TO PARTICIPATE.

We can send a LARGE Brass Ensemble there; so we're looking to add a few players.

more info at: www.brassomania.com

YOU DON'T HAVE TO QUIT ON YOUR OTHER COMMITMENTS TO PARTICIPATE!

We have several players who will perform with other groups this year, including: Cru, Fusion Core, Sky Alumni and 20th Century Ltd, as well as players who have their own local bands.

If you are an experienced player, it's NOT a huge challenge to add our group to your schedule. We'll work around your other drum corps commitments.

And.... it's A TON OF FUN!

As part of a package deal with our jazz group, Brass-O-Mania!, we've just reached an agreement for Capital Brass! to perform at the famous Saratoga Race Track this summer; alongside some fabulous professional groups.

This is a great opportunity for our young group to break into the local music scene!

Still room for a few experienced players to cash in on this unique chance to participate in senior corps events AND to pursue some great opportunities on the regional music scene.

Rehearsals begin Thursday, 1/11.

Edited by brassomaniac