Cavaliers 60th Anniversary in 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'd like to see a twenty-year-old start a corps today!

this is awesome news! 2008... I am SO there...

( :( ... I envy Cav alum now... these will be two fantastic years for them...!)

I am SO looking forward to being part of this. I hope we can pull it off. Madison set the bar awfully high...

Well, Rich, that is a great compliment and I will take it on behalf of all the Mad alums. We are all very proud of the accomplishment.

It is something that will last a lifetime in my heart and mind.

I would say, however, that with Kingsmen this year and you guys in '08, the bar will rise again and again. And there ain't nothin'

wrong with that!! The greatest thing happening here is that all these alums (and guests in some projects) are getting out there

and doing this. This is a good thing for corps as an activity and a great way to keep all the age outs participating. Not to mention

the possible lift to the all age corps that may occur in the coming years.

I have no doubt that you guys will "pull it off" brilliantly.

(However, I have heard that this Kingsmen snareline is stellar... sooooo... :drool: practice practice practice... )

Are you one of these guys?

58b298ce.jpg

or these?

035531af.jpg

(thanks to Paul Milano & Cavaliers for the pics)

Edited by GGarrett

Well, Rich, that is a great compliment and I will take it on behalf of all the Mad alums. We are all very proud of the accomplishment. It is something that will last a lifetime in my heart and mind.

As well it should. I was so proud of you guys - the Madison Alumni Corps performance far exceeded any expectations I had. Some buds of mine from the Royal Airs reunion corps were on the field that night and I would have killed to be part of that. Hopefully we can realize the same dream you achieved.

I marched with Milano in '74, but I play soprano or mellophone, which ever horn they need more. I just bought one of the Yamaha mellophones from the '06 Cavaliers, just waiting for that IYM mouthpiece I ordered. Should be fun!

I am the third drummer from the right in the first picture (1974) and the third from the left in the second picture (1972). All but two of those snare drummers in both pictures have committed to march in CAC 888 (Cavalier Alumni Corps, August 8, 2008).

In fact, we have 14 snare drummers already committed, and who have practicing together for over a year now. We have another five guys from the 60s who have said they are likely in as well, and have been practicing with us for several months.

None of the above drummers marched after the 70s, so I can only imagine how many more snare drummers will be joining. If we don't have 32 - 36 snares I will be shocked . . .

No, we won't be clean (though we've been clean as h e ll with ten at a time so far!), but we'll be loud and cool to watch!! :P

We have another five guys from the 60s who have said they are likely in as well, and have been practicing with us for several months.

OMG--is Markovich in????

MitchMarkovichRA5PASFinalChoice.JPG

I am SO looking forward to being part of this. I hope we can pull it off. Madison set the bar awfully high...

nods...nods...nods...nods...nods...

I'm also hoping to be part of it. Can't yet share one of the proposals that has me extremely interested, but if we can pull it off, it should be lots of fun (for at least me) in the new Lucas Oil Stadium.