1992 SkyRyders

This is David Smith and I'm looking for all my friends from Sky '92, Brigadoon. Clans Anderson, Mcgillicutty, etc or whatever they were! Since our 'baby' doesn't exist any more, and since Finals won't be in Dallas or KC anytime soon, nixing the possibility of a DCI Alumni corps opportunity, I figured I'd see what everybody has been up to.

We had quite a corps, didn't we? Shawn Murphy, Steve Smith and Jason Williams all went on to win I&E, there were a couple DCI champions I believe, and I tallied at one point that we had like 10 of the top 12 covered in '94. Did I miss anything? Anyone in Blast, Cyberjam, etc? What are you guys up to these days?

Me, I wimped out--got the bachelors in MuEd and decided not to go teach. Went back a few years later and got an MBA in Finance, both from UNT, and am now a Finance and Accounting professional. Going for the CPA next--yikes! Long way from tooting the horn.

I played trombone in the Metropolitan Winds in Dallas from '98 to '02 and still play occassionally. GREAT band! If you ever need a place to play, go audition! Randy Bass is the conductor and is a very good composer and arranger. You'll love the repertoire.

I am still single, live in Denton, TX, am taking classes towards CPA requirements, and am trying to launch any number of a couple different ventures in business/real estate, etc. Stay tuned, all you corps nuts--one, if it launches, will interest you all!

Rusty emailed me already--saw me post some obnoxious thing somewhere and wrote to say hi. I look forward to hearing from any of the rest of you who do the same! Toodles!

One place to start would be Sky Rydrs Alumni Corps

and there are several former Sky members involved in Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps

Sky 92 is one of my favorite shows... I miss the broadway stuff on the field that Sky did like no other

and finals isn't the only place Alumni corps exist ;)

I miss the broadway stuff on the field that Sky did like no other

word... B)

Metropolitan Winds is awesome, BTW. My partner Patrick and I have known Randy Bass since we were in the Turtle Creek Chorale together over 10 years ago. He's a phenomenal arranger. (Although not a fan of drum corps.) Patrick played oboe with them in the John Williams concert.

Edited by bradrick