Brass & Percussion I&E Championships

It was our first day with the new uniforms, and we forgot to take any pics. :worthy:

If anyone at the show got some digital pictures of our corps, we would REALLY appreciate it if you would share them with us.

tommacd@nycap.rr.com

Oh yeah ... and we forgive Mass Brass for choosing the same uniforms as we did!

Turns out they have good taste ... who knew?

Hey T,

I guess I understand not having pics of your gig yesterday but you guys couldn't actually get ANYONE to check and see if your shirt selection might already have been taken??? :laugh::laugh:

In any event, congrats on a great performance as you certainly did not let the MASS BRASS COLORS down!!! :P

(We'd a had a lot of 'splainin' to do if someone walked in on your show, saw your uni, thought it was us, and you sucked!!! Thanks for doing the contrary!!!!)

MCA IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys rocked Dave!!!

I did catch your show and absolutely love your arrangement of Hava Nagila.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) Amoskeag Sound wasn't short handed we had all 11 our guys/gals! Until we can get more folks interested in playing with us our motto is going to be "Keeping 'Mini' in Mini-corps".

So anyone looking for a place to play... PM me, we got spots and we might be able to work you in for Harrisburg.

Thanks, to the Buglers Hall of Fame for putting the show on, and for accomodating our schedule so we could participate. Hopefully next year we'll be able to hang around longer. Also thanks to all the competitors. We all had a great time! So much so, our group has already decided to go to Rochester for DCA. We were considering 'Amoskeag Sound' in experimental status until after Harrisburg.

Thanks also to all of you who gave us works of encouragement, it means A LOT! I hope everyone enjoyed the inaugural performance of Amoskeag Sound.

Thanks,

Dave

Hey T,

I guess I understand not having pics of your gig yesterday but you guys couldn't actually get ANYONE to check and see if your shirt selection might already have been taken??? :beer::beer:

In any event, congrats on a great performance as you certainly did not let the MASS BRASS COLORS down!!! :P

(We'd a had a lot of 'splainin' to do if someone walked in on your show, saw your uni, thought it was us, and you sucked!!! Thanks for doing the contrary!!!!)

Yeah, well, we did do some research into what other mini-corps' were doing with their "look".

But, you may have noticed that YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PICS OF THE CORPS IN UNIFORM ON YOUR WEBSITE. :worthy:

And, actually, I sent an e-mail out to someone in your org last fall, inquiring about your uni, and never got a response. So, you were the one we never saw.

We found a RACING TEAM shirt and thought we had something unique. What were the chances it would be the same as the one uni we hadn't seen? AND IN THE SAME #### COLOR??? :laugh:

Anyway, we'll wear different pants, and we're going to look at some ideas to alter the top.

And if we had to look like another corps, we could do worse than Mass Brass.

Cause I guess you guys don't suck either!!!!! :laugh:

Viva No Suckie!!

($1 to somebody on here!)

Edited by brassomaniac

Hey T,

I guess I understand not having pics of your gig yesterday but you guys couldn't actually get ANYONE to check and see if your shirt selection might already have been taken??? :worthy::laugh:

BTW: I apologized to every Mass Brass guy I saw, yesterday, about the uniform.

AND, it was an honor to be in the show with youse guys!

And also.....

MCA ROCKS!!!!!

I LOVED spending the day with CB. YAY US!!!! I'm very honored Tom to have been part of that quintet. I LOVE THAT PIECE and would love to do it again. Paul and Dave, congrats on your gold!!!

Congrats on YOUR Gold, Holly!

Not a bad job on the Quintet, considering the limited time we had to spend on it.

I had a great time, too!

Edited by brassomaniac

Hey T,

I guess I understand not having pics of your gig yesterday but you guys couldn't actually get ANYONE to check and see if your shirt selection might already have been taken??? :worthy::laugh:

John & Tom,

Funny thing is... I see the shirts while CB is warming up, although I didn't know it was CB. I know quite a few of the Mass Brass guys thought I'd say Hi! See how John's doing etc... then I realize I don't recognize ANYONE! I'm thinking either MB changed a lot of personnel or this is going to be awkward for someone. Found out a little later that it's CB with the blue/black shirts and I'm thinking :laugh: this is going to be interesting.

Must of been confusing to watch though... Hey didn't that group just play?

Wish I could of hung around to see youse guys, we'll get the chance in Harrisburg, best of luck.

Dave

John & Tom,

Funny thing is... I see the shirts while CB is warming up, although I didn't know it was CB. I know quite a few of the Mass Brass guys thought I'd say Hi! See how John's doing etc... then I realize I don't recognize ANYONE! I'm thinking either MB changed a lot of personnel or this is going to be awkward for someone. Found out a little later that it's CB with the blue/black shirts and I'm thinking :worthy: this is going to be interesting.

Must of been confusing to watch though... Hey didn't that group just play?

Wish I could of hung around to see youse guys, we'll get the chance in Harrisburg, best of luck.

Dave

Sure, Dave...

just get John madder at me!

We ALSO had an embarrasing moment when Mass Brass walked in the hall: in OUR shirts! (just kidding!)

We're going to look at ideas to differentiate the shirt somehow. And our Khaki's and sneakers give us a more casual look, I think. (stickin' with that story, for now).

Can't forget to thank our PA connection for cutting thru some pretty bad weather to perform with us on Saturday:

Eldon Trego

Holly Grosheck

and Mike Gottier - who learned the show at home this week and played with us for the first time .... on Saturday!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Edited by brassomaniac

Sure, Dave...

just get John madder at me!

We ALSO had an embarrasing moment when Mass Brass walked in the hall: in OUR shirts! (just kidding!)

We're going to look at ideas to differentiate the shirt somehow. And our Khaki's and sneakers give us a more casual look, I think. (stickin' with that story, for now).

Actually we thought it was kind of funny...what would have put it over the top is if Minne Brass were there as they have the exact same colors (though a bit different shirt design) as both of our groups. The audience would have needed a friggin' scorecard just to keep groups straight! b**bs

MCA DOES ROCK!!!