Ice

Wow that is a really sweet web site

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ice......

Did you march corps?

Just curious because using the word "crap" to describe a selection of a show is very disrespectful. To the designers of the show and the members....

The closer was executed well by the performers and they were having a good time... Isn't that what it is all about?

-No. I see that since you've marched corps that makes your opinion on show design more valid than mine.

-I meant crap because all these things were fluff. Not saying it was bad.

-I don't think the performers executed anything in that show well. It was a mediocre performance and a mediocre design. Thier placement reflected that. I do admire the spirit the players had and how much work they did, however I'm just being honest.

I won't beat around the bush.

I thought it was dumb.

The word "crap" is a great way to describe that part of the show.

Nothing against the kids efforts, but shame on the design staff.

I saw that show almost every night of tour last year and it did almost nothing for me.

Since when are we not free to express our opinions on this website?

Edited by contrajedi8

-I don't think the performers executed anything in that show well. It was a mediocre performance and a mediocre design. Thier placement reflected that. I do admire the spirit the players had and how much work they did, however I'm just being honest.

I would have to say that is alittle uncalled for. You say mediocre but compared to what....the top corps that performed amazing!! Don't go trashing a corps about performance because every corps is different in theories and talent. I doubt there was ever a corps that went out and said....hey littles perform okay tonight, not good, not bad, but okay.

I won't beat around the bush.

I thought it was dumb.

The word "crap" is a great way to describe that part of the show.

Nothing against the kids efforts, but shame on the design staff.

I saw that show almost every night of tour last year and it did almost nothing for me.

Since when are we not free to express our opinions on this website?

You could say something like "I really didn't care for that part of the show"

But instead you go the lowbrow route.

You can express your opinion here, but that does not give you license to be a jerk.

Edited by tubamann

-No. I see that since you've marched corps that makes your opinion on show design more valid than mine.

-I meant crap because all these things were fluff. Not saying it was bad.

Talk is cheap..the performers in CR actually went out and bled for that show..in what was a VERY hard year to be a CR member.

What have you done..other than anonymously slamming it on DCP..Hmm?

Once again, I applaud the efforts of the members of Capital Regiment for their performance, and apparent enthusaism for their product. I also hope for their speedy return to the activity. I know many members of CR and have marched side-by-side and toe-to-toe with those kids for a number of years now and they are a great group of kids. The design of that product is what I am calling into question. I am simply stating that I did not enjoy that product. If my choice of words bothers you, thats your problem not mine.

If my choice of words bothers you, thats your problem not mine.

In this particular case, you may be right, but realize that the way you speak about things is a large part of how you present yourself to people, and being able to be negative about something without being insulting or incindiary is important in life. You'll get your point across a lot better, and without upsetting people, if you speak with constructive criticism or specific dialogue rather than being insulting and general. So, why did you find that part of the show "dumb?" A discussion related to general effect, intensity, and other such elements of performance would probably let others understand you rather than get upset.

i worked hard for 2 and half months ........beating myself up to preform that show to the highest for someone to call it mediocre?........that really kinda hurts........it makes it feel like all that hard work was for nothing..........i loved that part of the show.......it was a chance for us to just lay back and have a little fun in the show.........i'm very sorry that you felt like it was just mediocre........but for us that worked hard on that show dont

Edited by CR0506

i worked hard for 2 and half months ........beating myself up to preform that show to the highest for someone to call it mediocre?........that really kinda hurts........it makes it feel like all that hard work was for nothing..........i loved that part of the show.......it was a chance for us to just lay back and have a little fun in the show.........i'm very sorry that you felt like it was just mediocre........but for us that worked hard on that show dont

I don't understand this logic. Compared to the potential level of excellence in your corps performance, your actual performance was mediocre. There were many individual/performance issues. Plus the show design wasn't that great, notably the transition from the play section to the closing segment of the show. It's the truth, I'm not lying to you. The judges thought so too. You're right, you worked hard, however I think you should come to terms with the fact that the end product wasn't as good as it could have been.

Edited by Ice