CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2007 SUNRISERS

rgil67

Just a quick note of congratulations to the 2007 Sunrisers - specifically the horn line.

At Sunday's rehearsal, the horn line completed its' 2007 musical program and played its' first run-thru of the entire program, CIRQUE DU SOLEIL SE LEVANT.

Quite an accomplishment for mid-February...and although a bit tired ( to say the least), a great job was done by all!

For all you brass players out there looking for someplace very special to march & play....looking for a challenge...looking for a chance to learn and grow...to be part of the rebirth of one of the

greatest drum corps in history - come check it out. There are openings in all sections, so please, come...check it out...and bring a friend.

Congrats again & see you at the next rehearsal on SUNday, March 4, 12-6pm at the NYACK Center, Nyack, NY.

Rich Guillen

Brass Arranger & Program Coordinator

Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by rgil67

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way cool! It's good to see you guys coming on strong out of the starting gate.

And it's good to see you large and in charge again, Rich.

I look forward to seeing the usual suspects at our show this summer.

Bnr_Bmen07_TOS_468.gif

Tired is one way of putting it. But hey, tired in that really satisfying "I need a cigarette" kinda way. Good stuff from Rich. Lot's of fun too play. Things are going really well in Sunriser land this year. The board has been busting their collective humps getting us everything we need to be successful and the membership has really stepped up and shown what they're made of. All we need is a few more people to round things out. Why not come check us out at one of our upcoming rehearsals? You'll be glad you did. I know I am.

AMEN BRUDDA!!! :)

Tired is one way of putting it. But hey, tired in that really satisfying "I need a cigarette" kinda way. Good stuff from Rich. Lot's of fun too play. Things are going really well in Sunriser land this year. The board has been busting their collective humps getting us everything we need to be successful and the membership has really stepped up and shown what they're made of. All we need is a few more people to round things out. Why not come check us out at one of our upcoming rehearsals? You'll be glad you did. I know I am.

Great news!!!

Can't wait to hear more great stuff coming out of the Sun camp!!!

post some mp3's... we would all love to hear it!

MIDI versions availabe at: http://www.sunrecruitment.org/downloads.html. A recording of the corps playing the show music has not been made yet.

Yeah, it was great Sayre, just like old times for me. Thanks Rich!!! Another 10 horn players and I think we can do some real damage! The nucleous we have now is the most talented and hardest working nucleous that I've had the honor of marching with, and I've been around a while!

I agree with Sayre again, come down and check us out. When I first join "Senior" corps back in 1992, Sun was the one of two corps I was going to check out. Sun just happened to be the first one I went to and suffice it to say I never did go check out that other corps, I was hooked on Sun from day one and as they say, "the rest is history!" Come see why!!!

Yeah, it was great Sayre, just like old times for me. Thanks Rich!!! Another 10 horn players and I think we can do some real damage! The nucleous we have now is the most talented and hardest working nucleous that I've had the honor of marching with, and I've been around a while!

I agree with Sayre again, come down and check us out. When I first join "Senior" corps back in 1992, Sun was the one of two corps I was going to check out. Sun just happened to be the first one I went to and suffice it to say I never did go check out that other corps, I was hooked on Sun from day one and as they say, "the rest is history!" Come see why!!!

Good point Tom.

I had a great time in my years with Sun. There were hardworking members dedicated to living up to our legacy. There were funny people who were a BLAST to be around. I miss those parking lot parties, singing corps songs, and hearing what outrageous comedy was coming next!

We felt we were part of something special that was driving the Senior activity forward. And we were determined to prove our worth.

Between us and other fine senior corps, fans in the stands always got their money's worth!

Sun_JR_1989.jpg

I like this years Corps very much. There is a great mix of talent, young and old.

We, like most groups, can use more horn players, a couple of percussionists and always more guard.

The staff is great, the show is great and the current members are great. They work very hard.

If you want to be great and put a complete program on the field, please join us on March 4th in Nyack.

Thank you,

JT