Capital Brass!

What a great day Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

The brooklyn I & E event was a lot of fun. It was really nice to see people working hard to get kids off the streets and more into drum corps by doing such a great event. I really loved that the mc was involving the kids in every aspect of the event to give them skills to use for jobs and such in the future!!! Thumbs up to you guys!

The night that followed was a blast!! A few of us got home at midnight and then went out to do karoeke till 2 am and then played horns till the wee hours of the morning!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it pays not to have neighbors too close!!!! Now I need three days to recover from just being up so late and laughing so hard, but it was all worth it!!!!

You know, Thing II :) was saying that not only did she have a good time playing with us, but she was so happy to meet you all and make new drum corps friends!!

DANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job.

Paul, you know how I feel about your playing :lol: and Dave, the floor actually shook when you played!!! I don't think I've ever actually heard the tuba played like that!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Most of all CONGRATS TO ALL OF CAPITAL BRASS.

Well, I really look forward to spending a lot of time with you guys!! Thank God you practice on the weekdays so I can spend time with my two other favorite corps...........Fusion and Golden Eagles!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Holly.

Apologies go out to the quartet for not being able to play because I was too long winded...I know you guys would have blown everyone away....I will try to keep it short next time :sshh: Also, thanks Dave/Paul for backstage advice/encouragement. I am such a nervous Nelly :lol: .

See you all Wednesday

b**bs Dan

Thanks Holly.

Apologies go out to the quartet for not being able to play because I was too long winded...I know you guys would have blown everyone away....I will try to keep it short next time :sshh: Also, thanks Dave/Paul for backstage advice/encouragement. I am such a nervous Nelly :laugh: .

See you all Wednesday

b**bs Dan

Yeah, too bad we didn't get the quartet out there.

"Everyday, I Have the Blues" - would have been fun!

We arranged this just for Brooklyn, since they had a quartet category.

At Bridgeport, a quartet gets bumped up into the brass ensemble group.

Maybe we'll find another opportunity to do it.

Edited by brassomaniac

Yeah, too bad we didn't get the quartet out there.

"Everyday, I Have the Blues" - would have been fun!

We arranged this just for Brooklyn, since they had a quartet category.

At Bridgeport, a quartet gets bumped up into the brass ensemble group.

Maybe we'll find another opportunity to do it.

Tom,

We would love to hear your quartet in Bridgeport.

Have your guys send in one more entry form. You can get one here:

Buglers Hall of Fame

It would also be nice to hear some some Fusion corps entries!

Problem is: we already entered our Brass Ensemble in the competition.

As I understand it, a quartet would be in the same category. And we would be using 4 of the same players.

That wouldn't be allowed would it? Players entering a judged category more than once?

Wouldn't it work that way at DCA as well? Only one entry (in an instrumental category) per player? I'll have to ask Dick Pronti about that.

Problem is: we already entered our Brass Ensemble in the competition.

As I understand it, a quartet would be in the same category. And we would be using 4 of the same players.

That wouldn't be allowed would it? Players entering a judged category more than once?

Wouldn't it work that way at DCA as well? Only one entry (in an instrumental category) per player? I'll have to ask Dick Pronti about that.

There is no logical reason to not allow it.

So we will !!

All of your ensemble players may also enter individual categorys too!

There is no logical reason to not allow it.

So we will !!

All of your ensemble players may also enter individual categorys too!

Ok,

If you are going to allow multiple entires in the brass ensemble category, then we may have a quintet (if we have time to prepare the piece), in addition to our brass ensemble. We have a great piece for 2 trumpet, 2 mello and a tuba that I'd LOVE to do!

I know that Dan, Paul and Dave are all planning on entering solos, as well. At least 2 of them are doing different pieces than they played in Brooklyn.

Plus, the mini-corps, of course.

Guess we'll have a busy day!

Edited by brassomaniac

Tom,

We would love to hear your quartet in Bridgeport.

Have your guys send in one more entry form. You can get one here:

Buglers Hall of Fame

It would also be nice to hear some some Fusion corps entries!

You may just get your wish ^OO^ !!!

Playing with these guys you just want to play all the time!!! :)

The new I&E rules will be out on the First of April, on the DCA site.

At the congress I added duets, trios and quartets to our Brass list. Many people suggested this last year.

So yes you can be entered in an ensemble and in the quartet division.

But in order to claim a world Championship Medal there must be at lease two entries. But even if you were the only quartet you would be scored.

Hope this helps if you have any questions write me at DCAie2007@aol.com

You may just get your wish ^OO^ !!!

Playing with these guys you just want to play all the time!!! :)

OK Holly;

I'm going to need you on this quintet piece. I'll e-mail you the part and we can run it at rehearsal next week. We can probably only spare 15 minutes to work it, so everyone will have be well prepared, with their parts, on Wednesday.

Likely you, me, paul, kevin and dave.