A Little Project

Hi. I'm working on an art project and I was wondering how many of you could help.

(early disclaimer: I haven't posted much yet, so it might look like I came here just to do this, but not the case, check out my registration date... :X)

What does this have to do with DCI/Division I? Everything -- that's what the project is over. It's a large-canvas mixed media project for Drawing II in which we can use about any media we want -- drawing, chalk, pastels, paints, photos, silk screens, what have you. It sounds like a very interesting project and I hope it's fun. What I would ask from you guys is any good pictures you have, or reference pictures, or ideas if you're the artsy sort of person. I'm thinking about making the whole thing a sort of timeline from left to right, from 1960's to present of course, but due to the availability of media (and perhaps age bias), from 1980 to recent will be more emphasised in three quarters of the piece. The piece is going to have a bit of a green color scheme, reflecting the field, more saturated to the more right. Anyway, you don't need to understand it much to be able to help.

In short: I need pictures. High-definition pictures would be doubleplusgood. Any corps, preferably Div. I (especially since this is that forum) -- and of various sorts: press box, photographic shot, parade, anything in uniform and "in character," if you understand. Either way, I won't be using all photos -- a lot of these I will be recreating through some sort of media.

Of course, if there's a really great place to get pictures, one could just link me there and this'd be solved very simply, very quickly :D but all I can find now are individual corps sites, and none of their picture archives are really that friendly or of significant quality. Also, any pertaining threads would be of help. I've seen the historical one and that's a great help.

Thanks for your help :D

Edited by Stryfe

Thanks! I was looking at the first topic, but the second helps, too.

Bump, anyone else have anything? Websites, threads, ideas, anything?