Charlotte Interview

Gary: We were able to track down James McDonald who is busy all over the circuit this year especially with two outstanding Division I corps this year, Blue Angels and White Stars. James, how do you feel about Blue Angels being in fourth currently?

James: We are extremely excited to be headed into finals week placed here. Coming from our first show ending 44th to this is nothing less than astonishing, and a testament to the hard work of both the students and staff of the organization. It has been an absolutely wild ride and we can't wait to finish in Charlotte.

Gary: It certainly has been a wild ride and a great one to watch! What are the chances they are the dark horse and pull off the upset?

James: The fun thing about DCPI is that you never know where you're going to end up. All we can do is continue to work at the same feverish pace that has gotten us here and see what the judges say come Saturday. Would we like to win? Sure! Who wouldn't, but even to be here now is quite the accomplishment and we're looking to just go out and have a blast the next few nights. Let the chips fall where they may.

Gary: What about the show has connected so well with the audience?

James: Our show is based on the music of Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band. This music is driving, rich, and really - just cool! We think the entertainment factor from the music has really kept the audience enthralled throughout the season. The entire package, for lack of better words, is just that - COOL!

Gary: I know its made me want to get up and dance!!! Now White Stars are just .02 from being in top 12---will they pull off the extra points needed to move up?

James: There is no doubt in my mind White Stars will be there. They didn't perform last night so that hurt us. Before they were in the 6th to 8th place. Don't forget, this is the same corps that finished so strong with a 7th in finals in season 5, and this year has at one point been the highest ranked corps and placed well enough in focus shows to be one of the second to last field to corps at Prelims. The kids know how to act in this situation, they've been here before. Mark my words - White Stars will be there Saturday.

Gary: well James this is the first season me and my corps have had the PLEASURE to compete with Blue Angels or White Stars and I think your an incredible asset to the activity. Good luck on the last few days fo the season!