SoCal BD alum brass report

The SoCal brass practice went fairly well today. 10 horns (4 bari, 1 mello, 3 sop, 2 contra)...probably three others who wanted to come but had prior commitments today.

Started about an hour late...some people missed the time change (which I figured would happen).

Got through “Since I Fell for You,” “Happy Days/Music of the Night,” and about half of “Free.”

Regardless, after a little while the rust came off and it started so sound not too bad...the baritones in “Free” in particular started sounding tight and focused.

We had some rough spots to be sure, but all of us felt the same way I do...we will have no problem meeting the high standards expected of us....we expect it of ourselves anyway...and we were Blue Devils for a reason....because we can DO this gig.

Erron Garret is looking into future rehearsals at his school in Pomona, and we are considering a more frequent schedule of every other week...we should have a schedule out soon.

More to come as more comes out, but those who missed today will regret it...because it was SO much fun to be a Blue Devil again!

If you have not formally signed up, please do so at http://www.bluedevils.org/50/performances

p.s....thanks to Ravedodger for bringing some brass and running the line....not bad for a Freelancer!!!