Kudos to Cozy

^OO^ First thing through my mind when I heard they were doing this was "well, d'uh!" So obvious it was overlooked.

Constructive Idea #3

A generically produced DCA show promotion template that a host corps or show sponsor could/may/must use in their local television market - master video shots, audio and voiceover that is personalized to the local event by an info overlay or short tag at the end of the master promo.

Man..... I would volunteer to do the voiceover for this in a minute, if this ever gets off the ground.

Fran

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constuctive Idea #4

Sell show sponsorships at say a $500.00 level, but give the sponsor a half page add in the program, but also let them pick from a home town grown list of service organizations to give a group of say 35 tickets to, and have them bring their youth group, church group, senior group, whatever, to the show,..................this gets butts in seats to view a spectacle that they may never have had the chance to see before, and maybe make a whole bunch more fans out of them all. Sell 10 of these sponsorships, that in itself could generate 25% of the show budget, and like I said, get 350 butts in seats that would never have been there otherwise

Oh yeah, and have the announcer between corps announce "we welcome So and So Organization, who's attenance tonight is sponsored by Who'sa Whats Corporation"

GREAT IDEA!

i really like this one. a relatively easy way to get people in the seats and exposed to drum corps. plus there is $$ to be made with the show sponsorship and not much lost in ticket revenue as these are additional seats that (most likely) would not have been filled.

good call, gary!

-DM|MD

Constuctive Idea #4

Sell show sponsorships at say a $500.00 level, but give the sponsor a half page add in the program, but also let them pick from a home town grown list of service organizations to give a group of say 35 tickets to, and have them bring their youth group, church group, senior group, whatever, to the show,..................this gets butts in seats to view a spectacle that they may never have had the chance to see before, and maybe make a whole bunch more fans out of them all. Sell 10 of these sponsorships, that in itself could generate 25% of the show budget, and like I said, get 350 butts in seats that would never have been there otherwise

That is a great idea. I think it's more important, at this stage of DCA's growth, to get fannies in seats to see what we're all about, than it is to charge people to put their fanny in a seat. If you can sell someone a ticket, great. But if we're going to grow our audience we need to draw people into the stands who know little or nothing about drum corps. Let them in free and hope you can sell them a dog, coke and a program during the evening.

Edited by 00Sop

That's a good idea Scott, and I'm glad you brought it up because I have ya'll booked at the pavilion in Manassas at 5:30 on the 21st :)

That is a great idea. I think it's more important, at this stage of DCA's growth, to get fannies in seats to see what we're all about, than it is to charge people to put their fanny in a seat. If you can sell someone a ticket, great. But if we're going to grow our audience we need to draw people into the stands who know little or nothing about drum corps. Let them in free and hope you can sell them a dog, coke and a program during the evening.

We actually did this the last show we hosted here,.............the nice thing about it is that it is a much easier sell the the corporate folks,................instead of just asking them for a large sponsorship to a show that they may not even attend themselves, they really get to feel good about sending a decent size group of people to the show under their name,...............quite honestly, they could really care less about the exposure they might get from a large add in the program book, and that in itself usually forces their hand into a somewhat smaller add,.....................

oh yes. he's definitely like drum corps' hemingway.

or drumcorps' Dos Possos

Constructive Idea #5

Increase the DCA competing corps member fee to say $500.00,..................30 corps equals $15,000.00..............start a affiliate corps organization that includes Alumni corps, non-compeditive corps, parade corps, etc. with a membership fee say $200.00, and have a lottery system to replace the selection process giving the corps that want to perform at the alumni spectacular equal access, in exchange for the $200.00 get the affiliates a link on the DCA website, and start their own board/subcommittee under the DCA umbrella that gets these more well healed folks more involved in the overall propogation of the compeditive activity. Organize more standstill performance oppotunities in smaller cities and areas featuring these "Old School" groups, as the show budget would be much smaller than a full blown DCA contest. present this group of corps to the larger parades and festivals that could be identified through this network and get these corps to put on concert performances in conjunction with the festival, etc. Allow these groups to feel like thety have some ownership in the overall growth of the activity, Promote the DCA contests arround the particular area, get these people more connected, and do some cage rattling/fund-raising .................etc, etc, etc................ some 50 or so affiliate corps in a nationwide network equals another $10,000.00,...............between the 2 you have generated another $25K, that could go towards DCA offices, phone line,...................