Second Life

Streaming video is pretty easy to do and a beta version of live voice is coming on board soon at Second Life.

Auditions?

Thinking further...

I think DCI should buy an Island. Get a stadium built in soon. It would be great place to post scores. The Islands cost about $1,600.00 Once the grounds are fairly well developed they can sell it off to a College band for decent profit. That's if they don't want to keep it. No?

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

Streaming video is pretty easy to do and a beta version of live voice is coming on board soon at Second Life.

Auditions?

Thinking further...

I think DCI should buy an Island. Get a stadium built in soon. It would be great place to post scores. The Islands cost about $1,600.00 Once the grounds are fairly well developed they can sell it off to a College band for decent profit. That's if they don't want to keep it. No?

Mom

Here's some more drum corps in Second Life:

DCE drum corps movies in Second Life

Users of the online society Second Life are now able to watch DCE drum corps videos. At the virtial clubhouse of KMNL, the video clips are shown on a big screen. KMNL is a project of korpsmuziek.nl, a Dutch website dedicated to marching music.

Auditions?

Thinking further...

Mom

I can't imagine any corps would be willing to try to have auditions over live voice on second life. It would look and sound like crap.

I think DCI would rather eat 16 hundred dollar bills for lunch than spend it on a second life island.

Why would anyone want to watch a CG drumcorps show?

Edited by jblamb1401

Why would anyone want to watch a CG drumcorps show?

I wasn't suggesting that. But video audions could be posted in virtual corps halls or at virtual DCI headquarters and reviewed by staff of all corps during a single time period. Corps could negotiate among one another to balance different sections of their corps that need to be strengthened.

It would be real video not of an avatar. However, an avatar could MC those individuals trying out during an audition session.

If one is selected for further consideration and a spot in the corps they could meet up at specific locations using Telepresence experience live in real time. Like you can find at your average FedEx store now days.

I don't think I would be interested in watching a CG drumcorps either; not until the definition and detail gets raised by a few notches. However; word has it will be very very soon.

Mom

a lot of businesses and politicians around the world are taking advantage of Second Life, using it for meetings and whatnot. It's becoming a rather intriguing communications tool for many.

note: my avatar is myself in Second Life