Financial distribution

I would start a corps local to me, giving it a permanent home site for rehearsals/camps so they would never have to look for locations. I would assemble a management team/board that is in it for the long haul designed to be equally interested in education, entertainment, and the business end. I would give this drum corps a certain amount of start-up money from that $1 billion, with the intention of not making anymore capital contributions outside of what I might offer to all drum corps as detailed below...

I would also strive to give $1 million to each "qualifying" drum corps each year until the money was gone (which would likely never happen).

What would the qualification criteria be? For starters, it would be things like : voting against electronics, not using amplified vocals, not fielding more than 135 members, not fielding members exclusively for the purpose of moving props around the field, etc. I would reserve the right to change the criteria any year and those who want the money would just have to play ball. No force and no pressure on them. They can try to force in and follow rules that I don't approve of and reject the free money, or they can go my way and take the free million. Up to them.

:)

I like the way you think....That would be fun to watch.

GH: Vote for electronics again

Staff: With that 1 mil, we could do something more for the corps.

GH: GO for the ELECTRONICS....

etc...

Ok.. to violate the 'no corps favorites rule'... id spread some around... but then one corps in particular would get some nice things:

Indoor drum corps practice and traning facility, with attached housing for members\staff. Everydays would = sweet.... in the offseason.. im sure some football team might be willing to rent some time there.

With a billion dollars, the bus fleet will be expanded to 6 member buses... to give every member their own seat. That is, for the nights the corps doesnt just fly to the next city.

Domed, air conditioned football arenas would, of course, be rented out for rehearsal whenever possible.

Emeril will be added to the cook staff.

incentive based donations to DCI:

1 million for America o canada back

50 million if a special exception is made in the rules allowing me to march again.