Late 2003 review

The Cavaliers- the cleanest show this summer. Nice sound from brass. VERY, VERY nice color guard! Nice drill and the fight club dance...need i say more?

The Cadets- Nice show theme esp. with thte color guard uniforms. Nice choice of flags!! Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy was the best almost as good as the fight club from Cavaliers. The Soprano line was the best this summer. Mello line is div 1.

Blue Devils- I liekd the show but it wasn't anythign really catchy after the opener besides the very nice Soprano Soloist.

Santa Clara Vanguard- Original compistion is good. One of the nicer Baritone lines and THE BEST CONTRA LINE IN DCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The opening drill was the best part of the show. The Soprano solo in the opener was kinda "woosy". I think hte attacks weren't very clean from the very very top of camp randall stadium(the best seats in any stadium).

Bluecoats- Very nice opening theme. Nice choice of flags at the beginning. This horn lien was a top 5. Had things together and knew their show very well.

Phantom Regiment- One of the finest corps of all time. Opening was kinda shaky with the intonation with the opening chord. other than that...very ice...esp drill.

Glassmen- nice flugelhorn soloist!

Boston Crusaders- I like the whole theme of the show ...the music was great but TO MANY PROPS IN THE COLORGUARD!!!!

Seattle Cascades- Nice job representing div 2/3!!! Now people will know What div2/3 corps can become!!!

Southwind- Best arrangment of March Slav I've ever heard!

Pioneer- i think the tables really covered up how small the corps was. But it was really hard not to notice that the brass line was kinda small..I think Pioneer and Troopers should drop to div 2 and build from there...Pioneer was a great corps. 2001 was what i thought was a preview of the 2003 corps(top 12) but i guess i was wrong..Good luck in 2003!!

Magic Orlando- Again...why were they div 2......they kicked soem div 1 butt!!!

Capital Regiment - Another fine example of what div 2/3 can become. They had a really nice build in guard from the nine they had in 2001. Color Guard did a nice job!

Vanguard Cadets- The A Corps better watch out b/c they're goign to catch up to them in the future. But i doubt if they allow that to happen!

Mandarins- Nice soudn from the horn line....it was surprising to see how loud they can play compared to 2001.

Revolution- Nice job on takign div 3 title

Blue Stars- after seeing this shoe a million times..this cops really really improved but i think the music could have been played better.

Jersey Surf- Best entertained show in div2/3...even more than Impulse

Taipei Yuehfu- Nice job.... Nice brass ad percusiion relationship!!!

Capital Sound- THE BEST DIV 2 SHOW OF THE SEASON!

Marion Glory Cadets- Nice job!!!!!! Best div 3 colorguard

Americanos- Nice brass but i think the sopranos were the weakness of the horn line ......Best battery i've heard in a while!

SenicCity- Nice Chicago theme!!!

Lake Erie Regiment- Nice realtionship within the corps.

Bandettes- Nice corps. Nice Brass.....just think......if they had a FULL horn line ...they would have beat some div 1 corps :angry:

i know seattle was div 1....how could i forget they were representting div 2/3 ........ just think they were only div 3 in 2000.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now i think it encourages other corps to take the step forward...thinking that maybe in two years they'll be top 12!!!!!!!!!