Willie had it right.

Willie Nelson had it right.

It’s not about the “names”, it’s not about the key of the horn, it’s not about the number of drummers, or how high someone can toss a weapon.

It’s not about who has the longest hype thread or the snarkiest replies. It’s not about the ultimate horn exercise or the snappiest marching style. It’s not about who wrote your show, or even what your show really is.

It IS about the process. …and how FAR you are able to push yourself during.

Willie Nelson said “The life I love is makin’ music with my friends.”

It’s become my mantra for life.

Take control of what you do, and make it enjoyable. Do it really well.

Come join me.

Joe

That is what it's all about, isn't it? A group of people with a passion for drum corps and music (not mutually exclusive, as some might tell you) getting together and just rockin' out...brass, percussion, and guard all getting together to create a most unique genre or artform...drum and bugle corps. These three dynamic elements combining to create, as they say in German opera, "Gesamtkunstwerk" (complete work of art or synthesis of the arts).

Friendship, art, and the adrenaline rush of performance.

I'm with you, Joe. I can't wait for this weekend to build more friendships, create more music, get more goosebumps, laugh, work, and have fun doing all of it.

Edited by DMCK

Farfegnugen. :P