Scholastic World via The Web Cam

GEVisual

SW just concluded via the webcam. Seems that many guards (at least via the web) brought their "A" games tonight. I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for prelims yesterday and thought there was significant improvement for quite a few units. Avon looked absolutely fabulous and I thought Logan would have a tough act to follow. Well, Logan threw it up another notch (or two) on the excitement meter - BRILLIANT. My $2 bet is on the trophy returning to California, but both groups should be commended for programs that set the standard in their class this year.

Edited by GEVisual

SW just concluded via the webcam. Seems that many guards (at least via the web) brought their "A" games tonight. I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for prelims yesterday and thought there was significant improvement for quite a few units. Avon looked absolutely fabulous and I thought Logan would have a tough act to follow. Well, Logan threw it up another notch (or two) on the excitement meter - BRILLIANT. My $2 bet in on the trophy returning to California, but both groups should be commended for programs that set the standard in their class this year.

Avon and Logan were simply fabulous. I loved both of them, breathtaking. Other show's I loved were Leigh's "birthday" show (very cute!) and Center Grove.

I am very impressed this year with the scholastic world class. The shows were very well performed.

Edited by ScottZ1980

LOGAN WORLD WAS FANTASTIC...no doubt about it...i loved it how people doubted them all year long yet they still came out on top...10 world guard championships...first time anyone has done that...this guard has so much passion for wat they do and they take everything seriously...CANT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR NUMBER 11?

LOGAN WORLD WAS FANTASTIC...no doubt about it...i loved it how people doubted them all year long yet they still came out on top...10 world guard championships...first time anyone has done that...this guard has so much passion for wat they do and they take everything seriously...CANT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR NUMBER 11?

Rumor has it that Logan will not be at championships next year because of their trip to China for the 08 Summer Olympics. Also Mark Metzger their instructor will be heading up the guard for the China trip which will include guards at least from Modesto high schools, Logan and one from Washington. Mark will be very busy. We may have to wait until 2009 to see if Logan wins #11.

Rumor has it that Logan will not be at championships next year because of their trip to China for the 08 Summer Olympics. Also Mark Metzger their instructor will be heading up the guard for the China trip which will include guards at least from Modesto high schools, Logan and one from Washington. Mark will be very busy. We may have to wait until 2009 to see if Logan wins #11.

thats true...logan 08=china

For some reason, my absolute favorite SW show of the night was Racho Bernardo...it was so simple yet I LOVED it. This was the first time I've seen any of these shows...and that one just struck me as awesome. Rikki-Tikki-Tavi rocks!! b**bs My other favorites were Leigh (you gotta give 'em props for the birthday theme for WGI), Flanagan was just gorgeous, IMO, and OF COURSE James Logan...how they do it EVERY YEAR since '98 is beyond me!!! THEY'RE NOT HUMAN!!!!!!! :P

and OF COURSE James Logan...how they do it EVERY YEAR since '98 is beyond me!!! THEY'RE NOT HUMAN!!!!!!! :P

They are the only comprehensive high school in a unified school district. They have 3 feeder middle schools (soon to be down to 2) that compete in the Scholastic A division of the CCGC.

They are the only comprehensive high school in a unified school district. They have 3 feeder middle schools (soon to be down to 2) that compete in the Scholastic A division of the CCGC.

Well, that and they have a comprehensive color guard program that starts in 7th grade, if I'm not mistaken?

OF COURSE James Logan...how they do it EVERY YEAR since '98 is beyond me!!! THEY'RE NOT HUMAN!!!!!!! :P

Actually - they are very much human - and high school kids at that.... got to sit right behind them for the IW class (and peer over those top notes for Pride and Fantasia :lol: ). Fun to listen to them and see how they reacted to the various guards that they liked - just like most other high school kids! They have a great feeder program and a great teaching and creative staff. Surprising that they don't start until 7th grade... those Boston feeder groups I mentioned earlier start as soon as they can walk - you have to go to the Salem regional and see that little Blessed Sac or St. Ann's #6..... What a great weekend it was (Despite the weather....) Thank God I took that 8:00am flight...... Hope all the buses to the East Coast make it home safely! :blink: