Packing Lists

ask emily tannert, she knows. timeless dci packing list, hahaha.

is that relatively old school??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take an extra pair of shoes. One summer when I was rehearsing in Eerie, PA it rained cats and dogs and I had soggy shoes the next day. It sucked. So take an extra pair (and foot powder!). You won't regret it.

Edited by sopchick_01

Cotton shorts and shirts are bad for rehearsal. They get wet, hold moisture, and never dry. And if you wear them a second time they stink. Get athletic style shorts and wash them in the shower--cuts down on LOTS of bag space. The less weight the better!

Ziploc bags. The sandwich size. Take a few. Good to keep stuff dry. Humidity is evil, and with some gyms you'll come in from 100% 100 degrees into 65 degrees and moisture is just kind of nasty three days later.

TP for your bung hole. Don't share. Bad idea. People are like dogs--feed them once, or let them borrow TP, and you'll never get rid of them. Think DCT--you don't want other people in your DCT, and you don't want other people in your TP. Kind of the same principle, if you think about it. They know to get their own, or they'll start robbing schools the first couple days of tour.

Minimize stuff, maximize joy.

Towels--two or three nice but used ones. Used as in, they aren't shedding fuzz any more. Nice as in they aren't shredded, cuz they will be by finals.

If you wear white jumpsuit in the unis, you probably already know, but dying your undies beige gets rid of the, um, "look."

Of course, so does going Commando, but that has certain other drawbacks, too.

I never had crotch rot. I wore tighties. I don't know if that is the reason, but I tend to believe it. If you get crotch rot you will never again deride me for this line. If you've had it, you just winced. Gold Bond and whities--boxers are just begging for problems.

Don't forget to look up at the clouds every now and then. You'll see some of the most amazing clouds in Minnesota.