More random thoughts on World Championships

dancedance

Thanks for the clarification, guardjul123. I hadn't been to WGI finals since 1987, so I didn't realize that they'd performed before. And you are so right about the standing ovation. I echo your congratulations to the performers, and also to the individuals who made this happen!

Thanks for the clarification, guardjul123. I hadn't been to WGI finals since 1987, so I didn't realize that they'd performed before. And you are so right about the standing ovation. I echo your congratulations to the performers, and also to the individuals who made this happen!

I can't imagine not going to WGI for 20 years must have been a like differant world where you get to see old friends.

I can't imagine not going to WGI for 20 years must have been a like differant world where you get to see old friends.

That's a very good description, as that's exactly what it felt like! I've been to a few regionals since then, but not finals. It was actually my husband's idea to do this. He'd been with me to these other regionals, but he really wanted to experience the festival-like atmosphere of finals. So we tied it in with a trip we took to visit my family in southern Indiana, and I'm so happy that we did. This may become an annual trek for us!

Actually The Florida Special Olympics Color Guard fromally know as the Tammarc Bulldogs have been to WGI several times. They always make me cry. My heart goes out to these kids and adults. For me always a highlight of the weekend. I can only imagne how the crowd reaction makes them feel. A standing O makes everyone feel good but when your used to people looking at you with an "oh how sad face" a standing O must be 1 increditable moment. Thanks for entertaining us at WGI. A Huge thanks to the young ladies from south Florida who started this guard.

Just as an appendage to all of your wonderful comments. I was fortunate enough to get to see their excitement after their performance. My guard was entering the tunnel for our finals performance as the Florida Special Olympics CG was exiting the tunnel. As we were standing there they just began talking to us and telling us about their performance. They were OVERJOYED!!!. We were all so happy for them. It was a moment the I will always remember as a part of of my WGI finals experience because it made me really realize what this activity is all about. That is, the LOVE of performance and possibility to experience the once-in-a-lifetime connection that is made between each member and the crowd. They are incredible!!! Thank you Florida Special Olympics CG for giving me and everyone else in my colorguard a memory that will put this activity in perspective for the rest of our lifes.

Cory Inman

JSU Center Stage World 07'

Edited by Dusty_indian

matter of opinion.

So very true.

Just as an appendage to all of your wonderful comments. I was fortunate enough to get to see their excitement after their performance. My guard was entering the tunnel for our finals performance as the Florida Special Olympics CG was exiting the tunnel. As we were standing there they just began talking to us and telling us about their performance. They were OVERJOYED!!!. We were all so happy for them. It was a moment the I will always remember as a part of of my WGI finals experience because it made me really realize what this activity is all about. That is, the LOVE of performance and possibility to experience the once-in-a-lifetime connection that is made between each member and the crowd. They are incredible!!! Thank you Florida Special Olympics CG for giving me and everyone else in my colorguard a memory that will put this activity in perspective for the rest of our lifes.

Cory Inman

JSU Center Stage World 07'

Beautiful post. Thank you! :ninja:

they make my cry everytime i see them!! it's so great to see how this activity can be therapeutic as well as athletic, theatrical and graceful. congrats to the kids and the directors of the group! all are an inspiration to me!

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but how about the developmentally disabled guard who performed in exhibition? They were incredibly moving; it's a real attitude-adjustment moment when you realize that for them, just doing this stuff is an amazing achievement. And I was thrilled with how the audience responded. That must have been a once-in-a-lifetime moment for those guard members!